UFC on ESPN 18 results & discussion

dermotfix -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

I was wrong, wasn't the vag. Paul, I don't believe your liver is in the middle of your lower stomach.

it was on her right side

I was WAY too low to be the liver. The first kick. It was right above the belt line.

think I'm gonna shave it for later lol

It was slightly to the right 

Felder looks like he's still cutting weight. His face looks sucked out.

dermotfix -
Aligbjj -

Jesus, Mazany gets her back taken from North South.

Sucks osto doesn’t know how to do anything from the back apparently lol 

actually, this comment makes zero sense if you think about it

How so? What techniques did she use to help her secure the back? Or did she lose the position in 2 seconds? 

dermotfix -
Aligbjj -

she did go for armbars/triangle in r1

If anything this response doesn’t make sense...unless  you misread what I said lolol

me: she’s doesn’t know how to do anything after taking the back 

you: yea but she tried subs off her back 

edit: you def misunderstood me lol I was talking about her taking the other chicks back. Hence why I quoted it lol

1 Like
dermotfix -

I was wrong, wasn't the vag. Paul, I don't believe your liver is in the middle of your lower stomach.

it was on her right side

I was WAY too low to be the liver. The first kick. It was right above the belt line.

I dunno, i thought it looked under the ribs

Aligbjj -
dermotfix -
Aligbjj -

How so? What techniques did she use to help her secure the back? Or did she lose the position in 2 seconds? 

Oh I thought u meant from her own back

She took her back while on her back so that's why I said that

sorry

No worries I could have typed it better too lol

1 Like
Universally -

Gianni - the guy with the unnaturally white teeth who offers his "picks of the week" on MMA - says to bet on Mazany (she's a slight favorite at -180 for some reason) and Algeo (he's an underdog at +165). I'm too lazy to go back and find the major fail Gianni had a month or two ago: Neither of his picks o' the week came through. My gut tells me that whoever he picks to win will lose.

Mazany is 1-4 in UFC and is somehow dropping down to 125 for this fight. She actually fought at 155 at the beginning of this year in some other promotion after getting cut by UFC. UFC re-signed her, and she made it to 0:22 of the first round before getting KTFO'd in her return bout. Of course, she's fighting one of the most inept chicks ever to "fight" for UFC. Ostovich has a good IG game, looks good if you like 'em thick, and that's about it. She's been finished in 3 of her last 4. 

Algeo got FOTN his last fight. He lands almost 8 strikes a minute. Carlyle only defends 34% of strikes, but he's good with TDs: almost 3 per 15 minutes. Who knows who'll win this. It could be a fun fight. 

I don’t like that the UFC has a guy come on and talk about “picks”. I know plenty of people bet on fights but I just dislike the idea of a guy coming on and comparing the strikes per minute or takedowns per fight between two fighters.... all that talk about numbers makes it feel too “sporty”. 

dermotfix - 
Aligbjj -
dermotfix -
Aligbjj -

sorry

it definitely read like he was talking about her not being able to do anything from her back.

1 Like
dermotfix -

it was on her right side

The first kick was pretty clearly a liver shot. 

1 Like
MasterofMartialArts -
dermotfix -

it was on her right side

The first kick was pretty clearly a liver shot. 

Absolutely not, it was on the belt line.

Joshinho -
dermotfix - 
Aligbjj -
dermotfix -
Aligbjj -

sorry

it definitely read like he was talking about her not being able to do anything from her back.

I was quoting someone talking about Rachel taking the other girls back from n/s…I said “the back” not “her back” 

I def could have worded it better but it worked if you actually read what I quoted lol

I appear to be watching the third quarter of a college football game.

My god that pearce chest tattoo 

In

Zonion -

I appear to be watching the third quarter of a college football game.

Me too wtf 

This nobody card has been awesome especially compared to the boxing carD

Great fight but he needs to let the whole JSP thing go lol

1 Like