UFC on ESPN+ 38 odds

UFC on ESPN+ 38 also known as UFC Fight Island 6, UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs. The Korean Zombie, and UFC Fight Night 180, will be held on Saturday, October 18, 2020 at the Flash Forum on Fight Island, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

These are The Odds, courtesy of Joey Oddessa. Follow the Father of MMA Odds on Twitter.

BRIAN ORTEGA    +158    

CHAN SUNG JUNG    -208    

MODESTAS BUKAUSKAS    +237    

JIMMY CRUTE    -317    

MARK STRIEGL    +302    

SAID NURMAGOMEDOV    -427    

KATLYN CHOOKAGIAN    +135    

JESSICA ANDRADE    -165    

JOHN PHILLIPS    +214    

JUN YONG PARK    -294    

FARES ZIAM    +108    

JAMIE MULLARKEY    -138    

GADZHIMURAD ANTIGULOV    +263    

MAXIM GRISHIN    -363    

POLIANA BOTELHO    +167    

GILLIAN ROBERTSON    -217    

GURAM KUTATELADZE    +235    

MATEUSZ GAMROT    -335    

CLAUDIO SILVA    +115    

JAMES KRAUSE    -145    

JONATHAN MARTINEZ    +111    

THOMAS ALMEIDA    -141

How Odds Work

Unlike a spread on an NFL game where one team is ahead by a certain number of points (ex. Saints +7), in MMA fights, the line on the game is called a moneyline. These are the +/- used on UFC broadcasts. The figure is how much money you have to bet in order to win $100 (-), and how much a $100 bet will earn (+). They are perhaps best explained via example:

BRIAN ORTEGA    +158    

CHAN SUNG JUNG    -208 

In this fight, TKZ is the -208 favorite, meaning if you bet $208 on him and he wins, you would profit $100. If he were to lose though, you would lose the full $208.

If you were to bet on Ortega at +158, if you bet $100 on him and he wins the fight, you will profit $158. If he were to lose the fight, you would lose your original $100 bet.

Depending on how people are betting on the fights, the odds can shift from the moment they open, right up until the night of the fights.

The sport is built on moments that make you involuntary think "HOLY FING S!!!" Those can come at any time, on any portion of the card, from any fighter. Thus, some bettors look to the underdogs, sometimes big ones, as the best bets.

Has there ever been a card where all the dogs win?

Floppy Divac - 

Has there ever been a card where all the dogs win?

Good question. I remember all but one two. But a clean sweep, not that I recall.

Updated

I hope Bryan Ortega gets ktfo after the way he treated The Schmo