UFC P4P rankings first debut’d in Feb. 2013, Then v. Now

The first ever P4P rankings

Today

1 Like

Silva first lost in 2013, GSP retired in 2013, aldo held his belt till 2015 but yeah those guys were all ending their reign when Jones came up, there wasn’t really overlap.

It’s crazy though since Jones has been #1 p4p it hasn’t really been a debate at all (for current p4p not all time)

GSP, Silva, even had some overlap with Fedor, aldo, there was lots of discussion about who was current p4p and people had different names at top of list)

But Jones biggest comp has been DJ lol what a joke that was. No one even close. It’s just such a different time. He is dominant during an era when no one is dominant.

Demetrious Johnson is one of the greatest fighters of all time lol

There’s an argument to be made that DJ is above Anderson & GSP

Lol nooo. Hahaha seriously?

You don’t fail in your division, go down in weight and dominant in new division with no fighters in it yet and get to claim goat lol

Bj Penn at least won WW belt before he went down and dominated at LW.

He was fighting Up a weight class cause Flyweight didn’t even exist yet lol

… I think. Right?

Yes and he wasn’t dominant, close decisions. He was 4-2 in wec/ufc

Looking at his record he has so many great wins. He finished Henry cejudo in their first fight. The rematch was razor close and many argue he won it

Now he’s dominating ONE FC and avenged his only loss there

Jones went up 60 lbs and won a belt, GSP went up 15 lbs and won a belt… MM couldn’t win a belt 10 lbs up and didn’t even look like a top 5 fighter 10 lbs up. That’s not a goat or p4p #1

1 Like

He’s 4-1 and got knocked out.

His only Loss at BW was to Dominick Cruz. BW GOAT. No shame in that

Then won the Flyweight belt and defended it 11x

Is now dominating over at ONE FC

It’s not a hill I’ll die on but DJ is right there in the mix with Silva & GSP

In the ufc he was never been knocked out for submitted like Silva & GSP were. He avenged his one KO loss in ONE

That’s not true, i get you weren’t watching back then but you can at least search his record lol…

I just told you he was 4-2 in UFC/wec BW

And you have no idea what you were talking about Ian McCall should have won the first fight in the tournament but he got fucked over and benavidez was favored over DJ in the first title fight which DJ never should have got to anyway.

He wasn’t the favorite in that tournament at all. McCall was number 1 ranked flyweight going into it (flyweight did exist already outside of the UFC).

And why wasn’t he favored in the tournament? Because he wasn’t very good at BW.

1 Like

If you put on 10 lbs and you are barely top 10 then sorry you’re not a p4p top talent.

1 Like

First event I ever saw we in 2004. Started watching regularly in 2007

His only loss at BW in the ufc was to Cruz

After that he dominated Flyweight

If you don’t put DJ in the top tier with Silva & GSP you just hate short people