UFC pays more than Pride.

"Not because I'm a UFC nuthugger... because I don't live in Japan and I like to see live fights. "

This is also why I am slightly partial to the UFC. I can't help it.

Is losing Pride really a loss to MMA?

You would have thought, but what is happening?

Rampage, Herring and CroCop are now in the UFC and fighting guys they would have had a slimmer chance of fighting before.

Fighter pay is going higher and higher.

Where's the loss?

Things are getting good and exciting!

I inspired Dana to post.

wow, maybe is time the UFC start having the best fighters then...

1 step at a time there KASCA :) Can't flood the UFC with ALL new competitors or some of them will lose their impact.

Pride still pays more than the UFC. This is getting ridiculous.

Sakakibara was talking about not being able to catch up in the US market.

Japan is stil 70% of the world MMA market, it pays the most even now.

UFC was only willing to pay CROCOP more than what Pride would pay him.

CROCOP is far more valuable to the UFC then it is to Pride.

Pride already has the #1 and #2 HWs, Fedor and Nog.

This will change as the US MMA market grows, but please.

yoshida, Ogawa, Kid are getting paid 2 million for certain fights.

Watch out Rogan's nut you'll slap him out of whatever fantasy land he inhabits.

If an organization offers much more money a fighter will obviously leave.

It depends on the fighter: Yoshida making millions...In the UFC Royce made about a million for 1 fight.

Overall, Pride still has the better fighters and better fights.

Yeah it was cool when he used to come around. Too many smart mouthed punks to make it worth his time though.

first time I have seen BLAF post since the whole Brennan explosion.

ttt for Dana the lurker

lol @ EvilYoshida and his blatant nut hugging.  UFC > Pride... Dana should post more.

"Also, LOL at Mirko being "far more valuable" to the UFC than he is to Pride. Mirko was Pride's most popular foreign fighter."

ummm No. That title goes to Vanderlei Silva.

If the UFC could why didn't they get Fedor?

Pride still has a lot of money to throw around even in their weakened state.

They have the #1 HW in the world, UFC doesn't. Bottom line.

"It's clear that you're reading impaired EY so i'll quote it for you one more time:

"...Pride fighters love the organization," added Sakakibara. "However, when other promotions offer 30%-40% more money, it's possible that fighters may leave."

Kind of hard to disagree with Pride's own president but keep living in your dream world. "

you dumb fuck. He's saying when it goes to that direction. UFC is still not on Pride's level when it comes to pay.

UFC will soon be the highest paying org if it continues at it's rate of growth. But as of right now Pride is still the bigger orf. They had 50,000 paying fans in the last Pride event.

They have the

1 HW Fedor

1 LHW Silva

1 MW FIlho

1 LW Gomi

You don't secure the best fighters by paying them less than the UFC. Or else they would be in the UFC.

UFC nuthuggers are way too much.

When the UFC starts securing the actual #1 fighters in the world... then we can start talking about Pay diff. between the US and Japan.

Kid, Yoshida etc. have made 2 million per fight.

Wand makes 500K a fight as he said himself.

It's really not that hard to understand.

As it is right now, Japan is still a bigger MMA market.

Watching Wanderlei getting owned brings a smile to my face. :)

"Kid, Yoshida etc. have made 2 million per fight. "

Can you post your source please? Someone more credible then Dana White or Sakiboobadala would be nice.

umm sportsnavi.. if you have followed the sport with any regularity, it was reported all over the Japanese media that Yoshida and Ogawa were paid 4 million total to appear in last year's shockwave.

"UFC is still not on Pride's level when it comes to pay."

According to Dana White and Sakakibara you're wrong Evilyoshida. Why would we believe you, a sad little man, over them?