UFC planning 8 man tourney across 4 divisions

Ahead of their return to Singapore in June, the UFC will host a number of eight-man tournament.
Promotion officials announced Thursday that a tournament featuring top MMA prospects from Japan, Korea, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, India, and the UFC Academy in China across four divisions will take place, with the winners in each division receiving a UFC contract.

The tournament will consist of eight mixed martial artists fighting in four men’s weight classes: flyweight, bantamweight, featherweight and lightweight. The opening round of “ROAD to UFC” will take place on June 9 and 10 at Singapore Indoor Stadium, ahead of UFC 275 on June 11. The semifinals and finals are tentatively scheduled for later this year.
Promotion officials announced Thursday that a tournament featuring top MMA prospects from Japan, Korea, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, India, and the UFC Academy in China across four divisions will take place, with the winners in each division receiving a UFC contract.

The tournament will consist of eight mixed martial artists fighting in four men’s weight classes: flyweight, bantamweight, featherweight and lightweight. The opening round of “ROAD to UFC” will take place on June 9 and 10 at Singapore Indoor Stadium, ahead of UFC 275 on June 11. The semifinals and finals are tentatively scheduled for later this year.

1 Like

I love the idea of legends fights. I’d love to see Royce, Hughes,BJ, Franklin, and others fight.

They could have a fiddy belt

I’m not sure that particular group of legends people want to see again the most…

ONE Championship has already been running “The Road to” tournaments and shows. M1 Global has been doing it for years. I’m sure others have as well. Just want think of who. I know Vince used to tag things The Road to Wrestlemania.

ROAD FC promoted their whole $1 Million tournament as “the road to A-Sol” who was their champ at the time.

Hughes? Stop trolling.

You dont like watching guys like gaethje, chandler, korean zombie, oertega, max holloway, calvin kattar, jose aldo, fight? Really?

There are good fights, but generally speaking, I’m not too interested in midget fighting.

I agree. I still remember when Butterbean got the Americana on Zuluzinho at PRIDE 34. Still consider that the gold standard of greatness for MMA fights. Gaethje Chandler and fights like that just can’t compete.

If you build it, they will come (a men’s strawweight division).

This applies to a super heavyweight division as well.