UFC responds to Culinary Union announcement

DatNuker - 

The UFC counts on all its fighters being disempowered idiot slaves.

I think what they really count on is the big stars not wanting to share their income with the rest via giving a cut of their profit to a Union.

By big stars I mean PPV stars. Basically the people that draw over 300k ppv buys.

gokudamus -
Macedawgg - 

They are facts. 

You can delve into the research to write your own thesis--not what I'm here for believe it or not.

ok, but im not the one making the claims about it being factual and definitive...since you felt so confident about it, I assumed you would have the proof....
You're not suggesting that NHL, NFL, and MLB franchises have reduced in value since the days their respective Players Associations were formed? Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus - 
Macedawgg - 

They are facts. 

You can delve into the research to write your own thesis--not what I'm here for believe it or not.

ok, but im not the one making the claims about it being factual and definitive...since you felt so confident about it, I assumed you would have the proof....

I've done the research!

luctaro - 
DatNuker - 

I think what they really count on is the big stars not wanting to share their income with the rest via giving a cut of their profit to a Union.

By big stars I mean PPV stars. Basically the people that draw over 300k ppv buys.

This is interesting.

Who is "sharing" their income with the rest of the pool with the Reebok deal? 

Who was harmed the most in this "pooled" uniform?

Let's see what Tim Kennedy had to say:

Tim: Glover just fought OSP, right? And the entire Reebok payout was 100 grand, or something?

Ariel: You mean what everyone made together?

Tim: Yeah. Everyone. All. Every single athlete in the entire UFC card for that night. I made more in sponsoship money in Strikeforce than every single athelete on that card that night.

Ariel: In one fight?

Tim: In one fight. Yeah, like me vs Rockhold, or me vs Jacare, or, hell, even my last fight me vs Pat Cummins, my last fight in Strikeforce, I made more than every single UFC athlete, including Glover who just fought for the UFC title against Jon Jones, cumulatively. And if that doesn't blow your mind and doesn't tell you what is wrong with this sport, then we have issues.

Macedawgg - 
luctaro - 
DatNuker - 

This is interesting.

Who is "sharing" their income with the rest of the pool with the Reebok deal? 

Who was harmed the most in this "pooled" uniform?

Marketable fighters who arent PPV stars, like Brendan Schaub (podcast shtick) and Kennedy (Military background, which is very marketable for brands).

Cormier made 550k for his PPV fight give or take, using the Eddie Alvarez PPV structure. Meanwhile Kennedy made a reported 70k for his last fight.

You don't think the PPV starts are losing vast amounts of sponsorship dollars?

Macedawgg - 

You don't think the PPV starts are losing vast amounts of sponsorship dollars?

Not nearly as much as the others like Kennedy.

While Kennedy's sponsorship money was more than 50% of his total profit, PPV stars make hundred of thousands and some times millions off of PPV.

Plus, because they are more important for the company, they are likely to get access to stuff like paid FS1/UFC hosting and commentating gigs.

And because they are big in the mma community they get exclusive deals from sponsors who are with the UFC (Monster, Reeeeeeebok...) and sponsors who arent with the UFC but would still like a big name pimping them.

So while Kennedy loses, say 120K and Cormier 150k or 200k on Fight Night, its a way bigger loss for Kennedy who cant secure the outside deals Cormier can.

BTW my original comment was about PPV stars not wanting to share their piece of the pie. Would you care to comment on that? Like what piece of Cormier's 0.5M would you take as a Union?

Sure.

They would not be sharing to support others.

Just like all other sports, the top stars benefit the most--otherwise, they opt out.

Tom Cruise opting out?  Tom Brady? Mike Trout? 

None of them do--there is a reason for that.

Their earnings are far higher than they would be otherwise.

As to the other players associations--they are funded through group licensing. . . no part of operations or the provision of benefits comes from dues. . .

Malvert the Janitor - Two greedy cooperate entities pretending to give a shit about people in an effort to further their own interests. Phone Post 3.0
This sounds like a pretty good assessment Phone Post 3.0