UFC should sign Khalidov

UFC's Middleweight division could use some fresh talent and Mamed Khalidov (24-4-2) would be a perfect fit. In 2011 this always exciting and entertaining Chechen-Polish fighter has submitted James Irvin, Matt Lindland and Jesse Taylor. Not bad for a guy who is very good on the feet too. Khalidov also holds a TKO win over Jorge Santiago and wins over Daniel Acacio, Yuki Sasaki and Igor Pokrajac to name a few.

Khalidov vs Taylor from last night

Signed Phone Post

His managers own KSW supposedly. I'm guessing that causes a Fedor type situation. Phone Post

ufc doesn't like shady ksw owners, as soon as khalidov changes his management, he's going to be in the ufc.

the guy is good

He's really good. Phone Post

100% agree!

not going to happen. He makes more money for KSW and since he's not top ten or well known he won't get a big offer from the Ufc.

Sephiroth -  not going to happen. He makes more money for KSW and since he's not top ten or well known he won't get a big offer from the Ufc.

He probably makes money FOR the promotion but if you think any Euro promotion pays well compared to the UFC, you are on crack.

I have seen him win two fights with TKOs off his back. One starting with an upkick, and the other with punches against Santiago. He definitely deserves a shot. Phone Post

NorthFromHere - 
Sephiroth -  not going to happen. He makes more money for KSW and since he's not top ten or well known he won't get a big offer from the Ufc.

He probably makes money FOR the promotion but if you think any Euro promotion pays well compared to the UFC, you are on crack.
the ufc doesn't really pay that well to newcomers who aren't names or ranked. He'd probably get a 10/10 contract.

Sephiroth - 
NorthFromHere - 

the ufc doesn't really pay that well to newcomers who aren't names or ranked. He'd probably get a 10/10 contract.

Well a 10K/10K is pretty damn sweet money if you are currently fighting and living in Poland where the average net income is little over 1000 USD per month

agreed 

peoples from tchetchen are the hardest motherfucker

jujubre - peoples from tchetchen are the hardest motherfucker

Those children in Beslan can attest to that!

Deserves a shot, awesome fighter.

He does well financially with KSW, but if he wants the chance to potentially earn the REAL money that will set him up for life, he has to be in the UFC. He may never make it to the upper echelons of the UFC to do that, but he'd be stupid not to try.

I'd rather see Mamed join Strikeforce and fight guys like Jacare, Kennedy, and Rockhold -- before making the jump to the UFC.  He's shown some conditioning issues before, and I'm worried he hasn't un-fucked that issue considering so many of his fights don't go past the first round. 

Still, I've been a fan for years and would eventually like to see him get some US exposure. 

NorthFromHere - 
Sephiroth - 
NorthFromHere - 

Well a 10K/10K is pretty damn sweet money if you are currently fighting and living in Poland where the average net income is little over 1000 USD per month

did not know that. So I guess I change my mind. I'd love to see them sign Khalidov. I'm not sure he'd be a contender but he's damn fun to watch.

Signed Phone Post