UFC STACKED. Is it?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........pride cicle jerk....................sweeeeeetttttt.

UFC 73 is good on paper. Not as good as several Pride cards though.

I have flown to Japan to watch Pride, hell I saw Pride 1 as it was happening. I loved Pride more than anyone on here.
But really people, the UFC will put on 25 cards this year.

1. Thats a hell of a lot more than 6 Prides and 4 Bushidos.

"And lets not forget, there were some Prides that were just bloody aweful. Mismatches and last minute booking. I loved watching it, but I knew it could not last forever.

If the UFC wanted to go out of business, they could book half of the big names stars on 1 card, then the other half on the other, and repeat this over and over again.

Pride killed themselves with that business model.

Why ask the UFC to do the same? "

How dare you use logic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"How can you say that the UFC is a better event? How? HOW?"

Pride did have some impressive events, but it was always like that one you mentioned. More events with big names than UFC? Yes, I think so.

But Pride had its faults, like circus matches, champions fighting in non-title fights, credibility issues etc.

And you have to remember that UFC was not rich as Pride, nor did it operate in an MMA friendly environment as Japan was. UFC was under immense political pressure. It couldn't afford to pay big money to all the big boys.

Yet, UFC surivived and triumphed.

Now things have finally turned around, as you're seeing with the improving cards and they are much moe frequent. We also have fights on free TV, a reality TV show etc.

Pride will be missed, but UFC is filling in very nicely.

LOL at Kondo kinda sucks. Sure he does.

Hendo must kinda suck too because Kondo WON that fight and Pride still gave him the nod.

Hansen is a nobody? Kawajiri can only beat other Japanese?

You are fucking clueless. Kawa has victories over Shaolin, Yves, and Buscape, Crazy Horse, etc.

Idiot.

i think people are denying kondo of his skills here just a bit. i wouldn't exactly call him a "can". he doesn't have the best record or whatever but i still think he could give most of the guys in the top 10 at 185 a very good fight.

and how can u call joachim hansen a nobody? he has some awesome wins over sato(although washed up, azeredo, and gomi. definatly has a shot at beating anyone in the top 10 at 155.