UFC & Strikeforce as a Team

When fighters lose 3 in a row and are cut from the UFC, why not send them to Strikeforce instead of sending them into oblivion? With SF picked apart of their top dogs, wouldn't it be good to put UFC's lesser guys back in? People like Cole who was just cut, send him to SF to build himself back up where we can all see. With SF, we have the opportunity to have a place for our favorite cut fighters to go and still be able to follow and watch. I'd be more into SF if more UFC names were on their cards. Does anyone else see the potential in that?

The Strikeforce roster would have the opportunity to have stacked divisions of SF and UFC fighters and the best of the best move back up to the UFC.

It is obvious this Strikeforce experiment is nothing more than a sponge to soak up talent and eyeballs from Bellator. Phone Post

lol they are going to add talent by sending guys that can't win a fight in the Ufc? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

No fucking thanks on that. Instead of doing that sign talented new prospects with bright futures who you don't have space for in the Ufc. Much better idea and this is probably what they will do.

100% agree.

Some great match ups could result AND up and comers can test themselves against guys at or just under UFC level.

Oh yeah - 11'ers gonna 11 (no op).........

I think that's what everyone has already said, Bt I agree Phone Post

good post, I am in agreement with the statements contained therein

Agree. It seems like a no-brainer. Not everyone who gets cut, but definitely some of them. From a business standpoint it makes sense - recognizable names = more viewers.

And not everyone can be champ of their division, or even top 10. There's a lot of talent. Could a guy ranked 20-30 beat jon Jones? Very unlikely. but could he fight another guy ranked the same and put on a great and entertaining fight? Hell yes.

There was a rumor awhile ago from Hammers Hamil about sending UFC guys over and Franklin was mentioned specifically. Like I said, it sounds good for business, but I'd guess its an issue of Showtime/Zuffa coming to some sort of agreement.

40oztofreedom - When fighters lose 3 in a row and are cut from the UFC, why not send them to Strikeforce instead of sending them into oblivion? With SF picked apart of their top dogs, wouldn't it be good to put UFC's lesser guys back in? People like Cole who was just cut, send him to SF to build himself back up where we can all see. With SF, we have the opportunity to have a place for our favorite cut fighters to go and still be able to follow and watch. I'd be more into SF if more UFC names were on their cards. Does anyone else see the potential in that?

How are you going to send UFC fighters that lost to the UFC when S.F. doesn't even share many weight classes as UFC?
UFC has 125,135,145,155,170,185,205,265
SF has only a few of these division and a small female roster.

I heard plans with coker were going to add fw and bantamweight. sucks, strikeforce was a good alternative to see Diaz fight 4x a year and see other fighters too. I remember talking with someone at Cesar Gracie's, just shooting the shit and being a fanboy and he told me the main reason the scrap pack was in sf was money. he still says that SF pays more, like with Gil, but ufc offers some incentives, like win bonus, and some revenue if you were the main event. not handy money or Anderson money, but it can be almost as good as much as sf Phone Post

and the SF adding bw and fw were before zuffa bought them Phone Post