UFC to Australia in 2010?

Anyone buy the reports from Junkie:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/14662/report-ufc-possibly-headed-to-australia-for-february-2010-show.mma

Report: UFC possibly headed to Australia for February 2010 show
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Apr 23, 2009 at 10:28 am ET
The Ultimate Fighting Championship could make its first-ever trip to the nation and continent of Australia for a show in February 2010.

The report comes from Fighter’s Only.

According to the report, a source from Acer Arena (formerly known as the Sydney SuperDome) in Sydney said venue officials have been contacted about a February booking.

MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) reported as early as June 2007 that the UFC was hoping to host a future show in Australia. UFC President Dana White again mentioned it as a possibility in late 2008 while citing the country’s solid TV ratings for UFC events.

Acer Arena, part of Sydney Olympic Park, can accommodate more than 21,000 fans, which could help create one of the UFC’s largest crowds outside of Montreal.

During this past weekend’s UFC 97 event, White also mentioned France as one of the organization’s upcoming stops.

The UFC will soon head to Germany (for UFC 99), which will be the seventh country to host an event. Past shows have been held in the U.S., Japan, Brazil, the U.K., Canada and Ireland.

For the latest on future UFC and other MMA cards, check out the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

^^^I'd love to see that - but selling out Acer Arena lol@that - I can't even watch the PPVs live! I hope I eat those words...

TTT for UFC in Australia and TTT for Aussie boys getting on the card!

I truly believe that we will have fighters of contender status in the next few years. We've had our fair share of underdogs who've lived up to their names lately. But the young guys coming through will shock and amaze a few people.

There are more guns fighting out of Australia (no disrespect intended) than Tony.

No one has seen then yet, just like these great guys from the UK we're seeing on the new series of TUF...

Love to see "THE HUNTER" Adrian Pang get an opportunity and see Kyle Noke come back from the U.S for it.

www.integratedmma.com

if the event does become a reality, who would realistically be on that card?
i think rob hill should. perosh, brad morris and elvis r all ufc vets, but have been cut, i wouldnt think they get another shot just because its in oz, they would want new talent.
kyle noke was beaten by scott smith, who although exciting, didnt fair well in the ufc.
hector might get a look in i think

Rob Hill, Adrian Pang, Luke Picklum, Bernardo Trekko, Hector Lombard, Jamie Tehuna, Gordon Graf and of course George Sotiropoulos would be great to see fighting on the card!

I can't believe no one has said Priscus yet.

Pang, Hill, Treko, Lombard for sure.

I'd love to see Elvis fight again and Perosh still doing well.

Pang v Hill been set up yet mr green?
:)

:-)

walbjj - if the event does become a reality, who would realistically be on that card?
i think rob hill should. perosh, brad morris and elvis r all ufc vets, but have been cut, i wouldnt think they get another shot just because its in oz, they would want new talent.
kyle noke was beaten by scott smith, who although exciting, didnt fair well in the ufc.
hector might get a look in i think

They'll fill the card as cheaply as possible. These guys might work cheap for just one more shot... Shit, how much do you think Perosh makes from CFC? I doubt Luke matches a Zuffa check if you know what i mean.

There will be shots for vets and hopefully young guys. Established name (Sinosic, Perosh) will take priority, IMO, as they are obviously a more recognisable on a global level.

Noke losing to Smith can't be taken too much as a negative. Smith has faired well in more recent years. Check his fights with Lawler. I think Lawler is one of the most brutal fighters in the world, and Smith took the fight to him. He looked great in his last fight as well.
Noke is probably not at that level yet, but now he can make a better run having felt that kind of competition.

Luke pays very well. Aussies in UFC walk in on 3 & 3 or 3K flat. Add to that taxes when fighting in the US & it's not a real big earn. Here it would be far brighter with the removal of higher taxes & visa costs & potential for sponsorship..

On the "who should fight....."

Matching is important & VERY challenging > I'd see a TeHUNA or GRAFF v Houston ALEXANDER or a Peter GRAHAM v KONGO. Maybe Priscus V Tim BOETSCH or emerging grappler > TUF winner > memmory????

Take a look at the UK and it'd give you an idea of what to potentially expect.

I really hope they do it here.

Justin

All i'm saying is Zuffa budget/UFC exposure>Any org. in this country.

You can't disagree with that.

But who cares, it's about the fighters is it not?

They wouldnt put Graham v Kongo, they dont want their first death in the UFC, yet.

slystone - 

;) What an awesome fight that will be when it happens! Maybe a fight for UFC opportunity as well as the CFC Title!

I really hope this happens but I really don't think it will.

I dont really care if it happens or not.

T Green - 
slystone - 

;) What an awesome fight that will be when it happens! Maybe a fight for UFC opportunity as well as the CFC Title!

You or Adrian catch the highlights that InsideMMA broadcast?
Let me know if not and I'll send you a copy :)

slystone - 
T Green - 
slystone - 

You or Adrian catch the highlights that InsideMMA broadcast?
Let me know if not and I'll send you a copy :)

Yea I checked that out, I cant wait to see the full fight, I really enjoyed watching those two stand in the pocket and throw combos. That sort of fighting is what will catch the eye of UFC matchmakers.

I think theres alot to be said about that type of fighting spirit when the fighters put a little bit of self preservation behind them and go at it. As my little brother used to say "MAY THE ANGRIEST MAN WIN"! HAHA.

I'll be there