UFC TV Deal in January 2019 (MMALOGIC tribute)

Many are poopooing the new TV deal so let me break it down.

The 10 year $175 million per year Fox deal is FIVE TIMES what the UFC was getting on their last year on Spike. In just seven years, TV revenue increased 500% in addition to other revenue (ppv, Reebok, MayMac fight, etc). Anybody who downplays the significance of this simply do not understand how the TV industry operates.

Fox was smart to reupp with the UFC. Other networks obviously were not too bright. Which begs the question: Why would the UFC sign with them? MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world. You think they would know this by now. Besides it was always the UFC's intention to stay with one network to make it easier for fans. Their loss is Fox's gain

So what's different this time around? Instead fo four, there will now be FIVE big Fox events. This is a GAME CHANGER. Five is 20% percent more than four. Imagine thinking you had $100 in your pocket but instead you had $120? Exactly.

TUF will now be TWO hours. Instead of a 16 man tournament, they can do a 32 man tournament. The winners now will be more legit than all previous winners. They may be ready for ppv from the get go.

Speaking of ppv, there will still be 13 maybe even 14. They may up the price to $70 for even more revenue.

Finally the first Fox card under the new deal will signal how great this deal really is. The finals of the men's strawweight tournament will be the comain while DJ-Benavidez 3 will be the main. Two title fights on TV is unprecedented.

Things are looking up.

I`m going to openly admit that I don`t understand how theTV industry operates.

When I see that Fox or FS1 are under 1,000,000 viewers that seems expensive.

crowbar -

I`m going to openly admit that I don`t understand how theTV industry operates.

When I see that Fox or FS1 are under 1,000,000 viewers that seems expensive.

Cordcutting is an ever increasing reality in the TV landscape.

So while 1,000,000 viewers may not seem to be much, it is actually a higher percentage of total viewers overall. We need to see this 1,000,000 through the lenses through "viewership deflation." 1,000,000 is really good. Bellator will kill for those numbers.

Last week,I mentioned cordcutting to the Direct Tv representative calling about renewing our contract & she dropped the price $30.00.