UFC TV Deal - Package Details

it seems these are the packages WME has formally begun offering:

1) ppv prelims and ppv replays rights.

--There will be roughly 8 ppv's a year with prelims

-Replay rights include premiering the event on their network shortly after the ppv (within a month)

- roughly 8 ppv's a year

- they want this package on a big platform like espn, cbs, big fox, NBC.

2) Primetime Fight Nights - prelims and main card

- comes with rights to create clip shows, countdowns, etc...

- networks will have exclusive  rights to a certain amount of fighters that are built and developed on its network (outside of ppv)

-may or may not come with a title fight per year or more depending on the amount of fight nights purchased.

-They want as many networks as possible to buy this package.  They want multiple networks promoting the UFC to their audience and multiple networks building/developing stars who will also be featured on ppv...

they want this package on fox, fs1, NBC, NBC sports, cbs, showtime, espn, hbo, turner, etc....

3) Tuesday night (UFCcontender series) 

-weekly live show

-this will be used to recruit talent for the fight nights. From here fighters will go on to the fight nights on different networks.

-they want this weekly show on one network.  It will likely be fs1 as they're likely to pay the most for it... second most likely would be NBC sports.

4) fight pass library, fightpass prelims, non primetime intl fight nights

-this package is tailored for a streaming service like Amazon.

5) tuf and other derivative programming

- they can tailor UFC programming to a networks. needs i.e. Netflix may not want live sports but they may want a docu series or a drama series.  Viacom/spike or another network may want tuf.  Other reality shows like looking for a fight, etc. 

So is UFC going to stop offering their Fight Pass streaming service or can we continue to get it through them or Amazon/Netflix etc…?

I like the sound of option 2 if it were to lead to sort of “TV titles” (maybe not an actual belt but something of mention) where they can go to PPVs to “unify” those titles against each other. Something like that.

Whenever this guy pops up I always feel like he is trying to sell something.

Helgaiden - I like the sound of option 2 if it were to lead to sort of "TV titles" (maybe not an actual belt but something of mention) where they can go to PPVs to "unify" those titles against each other. Something like that.

If hbo built up Kevin lee and showtime built up ferguson this weekends ppv would be a much bigger fight.

or fox sports built ferguson and espn built up lee... etc...

even a non draw like Mighty Mouse... if husband opponent like a cejudo gets built up on espn that fight Becomes bigger.

Left_Hook_Cemetery - 

Whenever this guy pops up I always feel like he is trying to sell something.

fffuck i just googled his screen name+ mma and hes legit

MMALOGIC -
Helgaiden - I like the sound of option 2 if it were to lead to sort of "TV titles" (maybe not an actual belt but something of mention) where they can go to PPVs to "unify" those titles against each other. Something like that.

If hbo built up Kevin lee and showtime built up ferguson this weekends ppv would be a much bigger fight.

or fox sports built ferguson and espn built up lee... etc...

even a non draw like Mighty Mouse... if husband opponent like a cejudo gets built up on espn that fight Becomes bigger.

A husband opponent!?

Where is your mind going logic!!

please for the love of god nobody put an offer in for TUF. Let it die.

$10 per month?

MMALOGIC,

I know you've gotten a lot of shit here in the past, but the information you provide is unique and interesting, and though it may not all be accurate, it is great insight into what may be going on behind the scenes, and is much appreciated.

The 8 PPVs thing is going to be interesting to see play out. Might give Bellator the space they need to get a break in the PPV business.

luctaro -

The 8 PPVs thing is going to be interesting to see play out. Might give Bellator the space they need to get a break in the PPV business.

Contracts with ppv distributors are also up at the end of 2018.  I expect wme trying to negotiate a better split and with the decrease in the amount of ppv's I expect wme to raise the ppv price.

Regarding Bellator, if the weekly live contender series gets on basic cable we're talking about an environment where there's live Weekly UFC fights on a weekday and live weekly  fight nights on the weekends.

thats a very tough environment.  It's tough right now  in the current environment.

viacom was paying UFC 35m yr before they parted ways... gonna be interesting to see what happens now that they may be able to get back into the UFC business.