UFC Vegas 33 gets 7-times more viewers than Bellator 263

Any surprise that Bellator’s biggest event in 2021 did so poorly in the ratings, or it was doomed going head-to-head with the UFC?

Pretty stupid to go up against the UFC head to head.Or was this Dana cockblocking again.To answer your question it is no surprise.

ESPN is easier access than Showtime or CBS Sports Network.

4 Likes

Bellator needs to start marketing better

2 Likes

Yes. That and don’t go head to head with the UFC.

Dana and his people have mastered the hype they put behind these guys. You would have thought Coker would have seen how to do this in his short time with the UFC.

But Bellator 263 was the best Card of the year … I’m joking

Even though you are joking, this Bellator card was much better than many UFC cards in 2021.

I dont know about that. the UFC card had a lot more exciting fights and finishes.

Bellator is the specialty store in the dead side of an empty 80s mall that never advertises, sells cassette tapes and 70s roller skate wheels, and nobody knows how they pay the rent.

4 Likes

LOL at paying a million dollars for a card that averaged under 100k viewers. That wont last long I can assure you

1 Like

I mean, Bellator is on Showtime. Who’s paying for that shit?

1 Like

Bellator was cool when it was free on Spike tv or whatever it was. I’m never gonna pay extra to watch the minor league

Strikeforce was awesome though I remember wanting showtime back then

1 Like

I always thought there had to be something illegal going on behind the scenes to keep those stores up and running, a front if you will.

and those numbers dont count illegal streams

Perhaps they have a whore house in the back lol

Im sure there were millions lol

sucks, I want Bellator to do better. They should re-think their strategy.

There’s a long time member on here who bumps his own shitty threads KO, who claims “it was the best card of the year”.

Even though they had to limit the attendance to 25% of usual, they still collected $1.64 million at the gate even though the Cyborg vs Budd event at The Forum $1.72 million with a crowd of 15,169. So, even though the last Bellator attendance was only 75% of the Cyborg event…they still made 95% of what they made at the Cyborg event. They charged more for the tickets to this event.

My bad, I meant 75% of usual

I know they gave away free tickets for this event