UFC will be irrelevant in under 5 years

Thats how i felt when Ken Shamrock left. Thats how i felt when Tito left. Thats how i felt when GSP left. Thats how i felt when BJ left. Im still here buying PPV, UFC on Fox, UFC on ESPN, TUF, DWCS…

2 Likes

All future stars are rubbish though

Jack of all trades and forced trash talk

I see OPs point

2 Likes

As far as styles go thr current fighters are the most fun to watch. I’d much rather watch guys like Yan, O’Malley or Yair than GSP, Tito or BJ (lol)

1 Like

As far as personalities go they are just not as intriguing because most of us are too old to care. If I were 20 now I’d watch every Paddy interview and get face tattoos like O’Malley.

The only prefight stuff I have watched recently was Perry vs Luke, that was fun I’ll admit

2 Likes

Good guys & also from the glorious previous Era

2 Likes

We can argue about how much the UFC built them or how big of a deal they are but Izzy, Khamzat, Islam, Usman, Colby, Volk, Gane, Do Bronx, Costa, Jiri, Pereira, Chandler, Paddy, O’Malley, Aljo etc etc were either not in the UFC at all or were but werent really stars yet 5 years ago. Then theres Jorge who went from career journeyman to one of the biggest draws in combat sports in the space of a few months in 2019 basically off the back of a flying knee and a backstage altercation. Its the nature of how MMA is set up that fighters can blow up very quickly under the right circumstances.

As far as there being zero buzz for 6 months, 290 and 291 are happening within the next two and are big cards. Obviously Conor/Chandler and Jones’s next fight are big needle movers too.

Regardless of all that, the UFC is too deeply entrenched now to go anywhere anyway. They’ve built up a large and pretty loyal following over the last 15ish years, and its a proper global audience now too. They’ll be fine.

they made 400m last year

they’re not going anywhere lol

1 Like

Harry Potter GIF by HBO

Yeah, 2buff, you really are just an idiot that has his head planted firmly up his ass.

1 Like

All the faggots on reddit agree with me.

LOL at the UFC simps here.

I am a hardcore fan since UFC 2. Even when the sport was “saturated” from 2010 to 2015 I still stuck around but this situation is DIRE and going to be a real problem going forward. Just like the WWE, people have lost interest with cookie cutter fighters and meaningless rematches. There is no real excitement for any new comers and there are no compelling stories behind the fighters. The average normie can’t even tell you who the UFC champs are.

The UFC won’t break 500k PPV after Jones/Mcgreegor retire and will consider 300k a massive success going forward, just like how the WWE considers a 3.0, great TV ratings when monday night wars were drawing 10.0.

Dana is gonna cash out soon.

2 Likes

Trash Talk Sport GIF by UFC

1 Like

your perception isn’t reflective of reality

none of this matters

the brand is all that matters

the brand made 400m last year

it’s not going anywhere fam

3 Likes

Nobody gives a shit dude.

Congratulations.

You don’t have to ‘simp’ for the UFC to know that it will go on just fine without you or me. You aren’t that important and neither are your wild speculations.

3 Likes

They definitely do a horrible job of building up and promoting talent.

I’ve been watching every event for 15+ years and I don’t know most of the roster anymore. It’s like constant change and it’s almost impossible to recognize more than a couple fighters on a given card even for die hards.

They should be doing a lot more to build stars between fights, produce some vignettes, and get people to care.

I also think they need to start thinking outside of the box with the events themselves. Why not have a weight class tournament where the fighters themselves get to choose their match ups somehow. The drama and build up would be way better and you’d get content and storylines produced organically.

Why not have legends super fights? Why not have ongoing produced vignettes from each major fight camp?

So many missed opportunities. The only thing the UFC banks on is that people from XYZ country want to watch fighters from that region. This is a sport built on personalities and the UFC runs their business like an assembly line of cookie cutter fights.

2 Likes

They should also do a better job of making non fighters (major coaches, ex fighters) into ongoing personalities at their events.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m a die hard and I find it hard to care anymore? Like who the hell is Jamahal Hill? These guys aren’t getting me to change my Saturday night plans

I remember having must watch fighters. Now I know all the fighters but dont care if 99.99% of them win or lose.

I dont have any must watch fighters outside of maybe 3. 5 years ago I cared about 70% of the fighters on every card.

1 Like

It’s so funny how low IQ people always believe they have some grand insight and are gonna be the ones to call it

Meanwhile everyone in their life sees them as the joker they are

Sad

Did you really? Card from 5 years ago, May 27th 2018:

Please, tell me all about your undying love and fascination with Mads Burnell, Makwan Amirkhani, and Eric Spicely.

I can tell you in my own experience, not 1 day goes by where I don’t end up shedding tears and have someone ask me if everything is alright….only to reply, “Eric Spicely man! It was so good……but we’ll never see the legendary Eric Spicely again!!!”

3 Likes

Low IQ is leading with personal insults and offering nothing to the conversation.

1 Like

Your brilliant game changing plan is “legends fights”

Can it