UFC's Matt Schnell: 'I don’t want a fighters union, I’ll sit down at the table and negotiate for myself'

3 Likes

Seems like MMA is the only mainstream sport I see the mass complaining about lack of pay… that should tell you something.

Whether right or wrong, kudos for having the balls to go against the stream and all the athlete whiners. It is not a coincidence that the whiners, at least the high profile ones, are mostly supporters of organizations and movements like BLM, METOO, and social justice. They think the world owes them for being born, and if you give in to their demands, they’ll destroy it just like the NBA players destroyed basketball.

The entertainment business as whole is filled with entitled brats who are paid way too much. I don’t think that 99.5% of the world population would say “no” to a $600K check for 25 minutes of work, even if bodily injury is possible. Most of it works for way less for 25 years with risk for bodily and mental injury. So instead of asking “why are UFC fighters not paid as much as boxing” why not ask vice versa?

6 Likes

Unions are gay. The UFC pays the highest minimum and maximum wages in mma. All increasing athlete’s salaries does is increase the costs for all the fans (see: sports teams after they sign 5 aIl stars to giant contracts). If you want better pay, go fight somewhere else. I heard the PFL is giving out a million bucks.

11 Likes

Who?

3 Likes

^AKA fighter. Junkyard dog.

2 Likes

So someone who has absolutely zero leverage in negotiating for higher pay is criticizing someone who does like Ngannou…i see.

2 Likes

lol mma fighters are so dumb

1 Like

MMA fighters should have some self respect and stop begging for bonuses at the end of fights. Firstly, it’s pathetic. Secondly, who do you think is watching your fights? Maybe 1 rich person to every 99 broke asses. So stop your Fing whining.

4 Likes

I don’t think Ngannou is fighting for a union. Just a higher wage for himself, like Shnell is suggesting fighters should do.

4 Likes

He’s not but i am referring to Matt calling Ngannou’s tactics unfair and dishonest.

Ngannou is fighting for “freedom,” namely, fighting with Fury and making money. The UFC hasn’t even succumbed to his demands and he’s telling them “I want to invest in another organization/venture.” Imagine what happens if they do. You can ask NBA fans about the quality of the product once too much power was given to the employee…

And let’s say they form a Union, how will that help? The UFC will tell them exactly the same thing as now-don’t like it!? leave.

So cut it out with all the BS, ask them to do their job, and let the fans enjoy drama-queen- entitled-brats-free combat sport.

Well, it’s kinda true. Everyone is running around saying, “UFC HW Champion oNLy MaDe 600k?!??!” And that in itself is disingenuous.

Not so sure that Ngannou said it himself, but he should certainly be paid more than he is and it’s no secret that the new owners have been using the UFC as their own personal ATM while short changing it’s highest drawing stars.

Relax, you little faggot. I’m not in support of gay unions that get executive fat cats paid for doing something the fighters can do for themselves.

If Ngannou wants to demand and negotiate a greater wage or a more flexible contract for himself, then that’s his fucking perogative. Fuck him. Let him do it.

Haha. You’re the one who’s taking it personal (even though I kinda agreed with your assessment) and I’m the one who needs to relax!? Sounds like you had to call someone faggot to feel better about yourself. Well, at least you got it out of your system, biatch… If I’m replying to you, doesn’t necessarily mean I talking only to you or trying to contradict you idiot. You know that others can see the reply as well, right kiddo?

Guys out of AKA and under DC know it helps to suck up to the UFC from time to time.

Fighters who fight for unions are generally gay and most who do only do it to angle for a higher salary for themselves.

scab scab scab scab

^ See what I mean? People who call other people scabs are gay and have AIDS.

If Ngannou, Paul, Adesanya, Usman, and the other crooks really cared about fighters, they would address the bottom organizations and even amateur fighting conditions, not the primadonna treatment they’re getting in the UFC. Even if the UFC pays them the millions they want, 99.9% of fighters worldwide won’t be affected. You have to be really naive to think they care about anything but they’re self interest even though that’s what they claim to the public.

I think the majority of this Union talk in the UFC would have been avoided entirely if the UFC had just left the fighter sponsorship money alone.

1 Like