UFC's Tom Lawlor Bashes Rizin Fighting Federation

He's mad cuz those Rizin fighters make more in one event than he has since the reebok takeover Phone Post 3.0

Let's be real. These Rizin events are weak as far as relevant MMA goes. But I get the nostalgia but it's is just that nostalgic.

My only complaint has been people acting like these are competitive fights that mean anything other than to give a warm fuzzy feeling.

I watch Bellator and WSOF when I can. I had a Showtime sub just for Strikeforce and yes I watched Pride as well. But I watched Pride for the badass fighters not for some feel good bullshit of yesteryear. Phone Post 3.0

Sooo basically he just said that only the fucking HARDCORE fight for Rizin. Phone Post 3.0

steve sandstrom - Let's be real. These Rizin events are weak as far as relevant MMA goes. But I get the nostalgia but it's is just that nostalgic.

My only complaint has been people acting like these are competitive fights that mean anything other than to give a warm fuzzy feeling.

I watch Bellator and WSOF when I can. I had a Showtime sub just for Strikeforce and yes I watched Pride as well. But I watched Pride for the badass fighters not for some feel good bullshit of yesteryear. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think that at all. Let's be honest 90% of the fighters on RIZINs roster as of right now would get murdered by their UFC counterparts. I don't recall anybody claiming the talent level is anywhere near pride standards. I'm enjoying it for the nostalgia, but also holding out hope that this could be the rebirth of JMMA.

But that's not to say realistically say 2 or 3 years down the track, if all goes well for RIZIN and they establish themselves that they couldn't become a competitor on par with PRIDE back in the day. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm going to watch and enjoy it for what it is in a few hours, then look forward to a killer UFC card in a few days time as well. It's a great time to be a MMA fan, so just enjoy it. Phone Post 3.0

not sure if OP knows the definition of a "hot take"

that's pretty tame.

??? 5 -

hey I wait tables for a living.  But on the side I are a UFC fighter. Respect me.

Go back to lurking Phone Post 3.0

Gerkin - He's mad cuz those Rizin fighters make more in one event than he has since the reebok takeover Phone Post 3.0

Does anyone know how much the Rizin fighters made?

Frank23 -
Gerkin - He's mad cuz those Rizin fighters make more in one event than he has since the reebok takeover Phone Post 3.0

Early reports are saying Fedor made somewhere around $7,500,000 and Singh was given a $250 Visa gift card. Phone Post 3.0

steve sandstrom - Let's be real. These Rizin events are weak as far as relevant MMA goes. But I get the nostalgia but it's is just that nostalgic.

VU. Spot on. Phone Post 3.0

That applied to some of the fights, but certainly not all. Phone Post 3.0

He left out the part where you make money from sponsors and not told what you can and can not wear.

SteTheMan1988 - He left out the part where you make money from sponsors and not told what you can and can not wear.
Do you want to fight the best or do you want to fight fucking cans and pick out your shorts? Phone Post 3.0

steve sandstrom -
SteTheMan1988 - He left out the part where you make money from sponsors and not told what you can and can not wear.
Do you want to fight the best or do you want to fight fucking cans and pick out your shorts? Phone Post 3.0
Personally I'd pick #2..... Phone Post 3.0

Dugs95 -
steve sandstrom -
Personally I'd pick #2..... Phone Post 3.0
Well that's because you're a weak bitch but we already knew that Phone Post 3.0

steve sandstrom - 

You know in todays world it's complicated. Why does Benson want to leave? Why did Nate want to leave? If fighting the best means make less money is it worth it?

If I'm Todd Duffee I say I'd rather pick my shorts. If I'm Ronda or Conor I fight the best.

SteTheMan1988 -
steve sandstrom - 

You know in todays world it's complicated. Why does Benson want to leave? Why did Nate want to leave? If fighting the best means make less money is it worth it?

If I'm Todd Duffee I say I'd rather pick my shorts. If I'm Ronda or Conor I fight the best.
But you don't know what a fighter makes with fight purse, sponsorship, bonuses. Let's not forget that the UFC gives its fighters health insurance.

Would you accept a job that didn't offer Health ins? Phone Post 3.0

steve sandstrom -
SteTheMan1988 -
steve sandstrom - 

But you don't know what a fighter makes with fight purse, sponsorship, bonuses. Let's not forget that the UFC gives its fighters health insurance.

LOL health insurance is like $500 a month. Phone Post 3.0

Shiloh -
steve sandstrom -
SteTheMan1988 -
steve sandstrom - 

LOL health insurance is like $500 a month. Phone Post 3.0
Lol at 3.6 million for all the fighters by your numbers. Does any other org do it? No? Bye bye. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Messiah -
Frank23 -

Early reports are saying Fedor made somewhere around $7,500,000 and Singh was given a $250 Visa gift card. Phone Post 3.0
nods head

That's good money...I like the gift card too. Phone Post 3.0

I was more entertained by these rizin cards then 90% of the American organisations cards last year

And I think Tom will fit right in this organisation as they will allow his walk in antics, hell... they will probably demand these Phone Post 3.0