UG journalism?

So when you take an entire article from another website but add your own poorly written paragraphs to the beginning and end, you get to take credit for the piece? 

I see so many articles written "by" someone from this site but I've already read the same article somewhere else first. 

The latest article written "by" Kirik was mysteriously also written "by" Jed Meshew of mmafighting.com. It seems my eighth grade English teacher would've still classified it as plagiarism. Here's hoping we can elevate things to the level of junior high book reporting around here. 

UG journalism is an oxymoron. They've just been stealing shit from other sites and from the posters on the forums forever.

When you enter the world of online journalism you soon find out that 99% of the stuff you read/write is taken from another story/source. Nothing out of the ordinary with what the UG does, apart from some questionable structuring at times.

Mshi - When you enter the world of online journalism you soon find out that 99% of the stuff you read/write is taken from another story/source. Nothing out of the ordinary with what the UG does, apart from some questionable structuring at times.

Seems the practice is questionable. And not just for this site, for anyone who does it.

And yes they all do it. The mmafighting article I referenced was "written" by Jed Meshew but every quote from Alvarez he uses came from an interview with Luke Thomas. Now since they both work for the same site we can assume they're simply trying to get more bang for their buck by using the interview in two forums. But did Jed write it? He wrote a paragraph at the beginning and end like Kirik but the actual content was taken directly from someone else's work.

I wish the UG would do more real journalism. We have one guy who goes out and gets original content for the site and I'm not even sure if Jonathan Shrager even actually contributes anymore. It's too bad. 

WarBaconNeck

Malvert the Janitor -
Mshi - When you enter the world of online journalism you soon find out that 99% of the stuff you read/write is taken from another story/source. Nothing out of the ordinary with what the UG does, apart from some questionable structuring at times.

Seems the practice is questionable. And not just for this site, for anyone who does it.

And yes they all do it. The mmafighting article I referenced was "written" by Jed Meshew but every quote from Alvarez he uses came from an interview with Luke Thomas. Now since they both work for the same site we can assume they're simply trying to get more bang for their buck by using the interview in two forums. But did Jed write it? He wrote a paragraph at the beginning and end like Kirik but the actual content was taken directly from someone else's work.

I wish the UG would do more real journalism. We have one guy who goes out and gets original content for the site and I'm not even sure if Jonathan Shrager even actually contributes anymore. It's too bad. 

Agreed. They have the platform surely to get nore exlusive scoops/news/interviews etc, especially with their UFC affiliation.

link to articles?

In fairness, they go back and misspell most of the words and duplicate a few paragraphs. This makes it their own "interpretation".

R00STER - In fairness, they go back and misspell most of the words and duplicate a few paragraphs. This makes it their own "interpretation".
Fair enuff

The UG is more of an aggregator site, not an original content site.

Get over it.

Theflesh22 - The UG is more of an aggregator site, not an original content site.

Get over it.

Who hurt you? 

Not much of an effort on this one...

Very liberal use of the word "by".