Update on Eilers murdered Trial

This is exactly why I still don't have a gun in my house. Tempers flare and things get out of hand just one time, and several people's lives are ruined permanently.

I support your right to own a gun and keep it on you, but you've got to have the emotional stability and security to ensure that you never misuse it like this. Sad story.

this place will crawl up inside the ass of any profighter in legal trouble but this is a case where defending the fighter is more than warranted. guy should be convicted of second degree murder.

2nd degree easy.

I only bring it up because several of you meatheads mentioned it, but to say you never pull a gun unless you are intent on killing the person is midly retarded and is the same mentality this piece of shit had who killed Justin.

Is that how the police where you live handle angry people? They just pull out the guns and start blasting unarmed criminals? Of course not, they draw their guns and give warnings to people to stop what they are doing. That is how it should have been done in this situation too. This coward didn't give any warning he just murdered an unarmed man for no good reason.

Ryan MacLeod - 
DJStudd - as an Englishman with no experience of guns , gun crime or gun related violence, this just baffles me.

no one needed to die in that situation.

that guy obviously saw big scary cage fighter Justin getting pissed off and decided to even the score.

thing is, a shit load of you will now come on this thread and try to tell me that....

if everyone else at that party was also carrying a gun then this never would have happened.

or someone could/should have shot the murderer before he killed Justin in cold blood.

or if Justin was carrying a gun he could have defended himself.

this is how it would have most likely played out in England.....

Justin gets pissed off and kicks off, old bloke kicks off back , old blokes gets slapped about a bit , Justin goes to jail, old bloke gets paid.

its not ideal but its a damn sight better than it played out in this case.

As a Canadian I see this the same way. This whole concept of shooting someone in the chest because they are scary looking and screaming in your house is confusing and foreign to me.

Just as foreign to me, as an American and strong supporter of our 2nd amendment rights. This is far from typical. The shooting was NOT AT ALL justified in my opinion, at least as far as I can tell with the facts we have been given.

to say you never pull a gun unless you are intent on killing the person is midly retarded

this is not in the context of a LE contact, this is in the so called self defense scenario. the statement stands.

anyone that produces a weapon with the intention to only intimidate has no understanding of the door they just opened.

It was reported when this incident happened that Malec had previously said if Eilers ever causes a problem in his house, he was going to kill him.

Sounds premeditated to me, and looking for any little excuse to get his gun off.
Malec is a white trash douche bag judging by everything I've seen/read.
Guy needs to get 20 years in the electric chair. OR just let Crocop kick him in the head 20 times.

Normal, sane people, dont walk around strapped on Xmas eve with children present in the house. He was looking for any excuse to pop Eilers in my opinion and now needs to face the music.
HOpefully he got his ass divorced too.

I posted an update today over here

Defense rests at the Eilers murder trial

(2) [103] by Archangel

Keep in mind his attorney is a retired judge.  His (Malecs) daughter is backing his claim that Justin threatened to kill him.

Archangel -  I posted an update today over here

Defense rests at the Eilers murder trial

(2) [103] by Archangel

Keep in mind his attorney is a retired judge.  His (Malecs) daughter is backing his claim that Justin threatened to kill him.

I read that Justin threated to kill him AFTER the guy pulled the gun and was pointing it at him.

The guy had been drinking and fired the gun past his wive,s head, because he "thought" Justin hit her.
Does this not strike anyone else as a little odd?

MountainMedic -  to say you never pull a gun unless you are intent on killing the person is midly retarded

this is not in the context of a LE contact, this is in the so called self defense scenario. the statement stands.
anyone that produces a weapon with the intention to only intimidate has no understanding of the door they just opened.

Large difference between intent to fire weapon and intent to kill. If you really felt threatened for your life, it's very easy to shoot at the knees. Especially point blank as it was described. Guilty imo

I think he is gonna get convicted. Based on what I have read over the past months it wasn't self defense. He premeditated the shooting. But he might get manslaughter probably like 15 fixed as opposed to life.

I knew a cat that killed two brothers of an old friend of mine and also shot their mom in what would be assumed as self defense because the guys jumped him in their home and stabbed him  he left and came back with a gun and killed them he got 85 years. His name was Elias Costodeau? I believe cant remember how to spell his last name.

Definitely could happen that way. Funny I didn't even pay attention to the actual charge I just figured they would charge him with first degree with the allegation of pre med. Probably more work then they care to take on. Fuckers usually like to plea bargain their way into office...lol

Seems as though I remember his attorney retired from judgeship and took the case. I thought that was interesting and that he must have an angle to win but I don't see it at this point.

I also knew a guy who killed his wifes lover. He walked in on them and shot the dude dead. Crime of Passion he got a six month rider and 1 year probation just to make sure he was sane..lol

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
MountainMedic -  to say you never pull a gun unless you are intent on killing the person is midly retarded

Correct.

Yep!

if you shoot someone you always shoot to kill....better tried by twelve than carried by six.

The two have a history of dislike for each other. They had been drinking awhile when Malec went to his bedroom and put on and concealed the loaded gun.

He then tried to break up an argument going on between Justin and his ex-girlfriend, which started it all off.

My thought is he hoped Justin would get pissed and come at him. But all he did was yell and break dishes. According to Justin's mom, he was backing up toward the door.

When Malec saw his opportunity slipping away, he shot and killed him.

I'm glad the jury didn't buy the self-defense claim. This guy deserves to be punished.