Uriah Faber to make UFC debut!

From CageRadio...

http://cageradio.com/2011/01/gc-champ-urijah-faber-finally-ufc-debut/

Eight-time Gladiator Challenge vet Urijah Faber is now set to make his long-awaited UFC debut. The promotion announced that Faber will face fellow former WEC champion Eddie Wineland in the co-main event of UFC 128 on Saturday, March 19th in New Jersey. The fight world is abuzz about finally seeing “The California Kid” fight on the biggest stage in MMA. It’s been a long time coming.

Where have you been? This fight has been announced for a while now. Phone Post

I guess I was out of the loop :(

him being co-main on a ppv for his first fight is sort of surprising.  I thought hed be main card, but not co-main.

Yep, old news, sorry!

Out of all things why do they label him as a 8-time Gladiator Challenge vet? Not 12-time WEC vet? Not former WEC champion? But Gladiator Challenge vet? I don't get it.

They don't want to link the WEC with the UFC in the minds of the casual fans. Sadly, you are probably considered "in the know" if you are privied to the fact that the WEC and UFC are both Zuffa products. Hence all the marketing trickery associated with Aldo vs. Faber event. You didn't see ANY WEC stuff splayed out in that entire production.

Faber was the poster child of the WEC as well as main event of the first and only WEC PPV, So understandable his first UFC fight is co main, his next after will be probably main event If he beats wineland and gets number one contender vs Cruz. Phone Post

McBottery - Out of all things why do they label him as a 8-time Gladiator Challenge vet? Not 12-time WEC vet? Not former WEC champion? But Gladiator Challenge vet? I don't get it.

Was wondering the same