USADA Issues Statement To Dash McGregor's Hopes Of Quick Comeback

https://www.mmanews.com/news/usada-issues-statement-to-dash-conor-mcgregor-hopes-of-quick-comeback

1 Like

1 Like

It appears that the final hurdle before Conor McGregor can officially make his comeback to the Octagon remains standing.

The former two-division UFC champion has been out of action since he suffered a gruesome broken leg in July 2021. The injury, which came towards the end of the first round of his trilogy bout against Dustin Poirier, saw the Irishman handed a second loss of the year.

After successful surgery, the “Notorious” star began a long period of recovery, during which he controversially exited the USADA testing pool. The move left many concluding that McGregor had departed in order to make use of substances prohibited by the anti-doping organization.
And in addition to that causing a debate, the requirements that McGregor must abide by before being cleared to fight have also been a point of discussion.

While it’s believed that athletes must complete at least six months in the USADA testing pool, as well as submit two clean samples, before returning to action, McGregor seems to have a different interpretation.
In addition to previously claiming that he planned on testing clean twice before making the walk again, failing to make note of the timeframe, McGregor outright dismissed the six-month stipulation during a recent interview with Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour.

“I’m not rushing nothing,” McGregor said. “There’s hurdles and whatnot, but we’re in constant communication and there’s an interview scheduled and a meeting happens and then it will be official. But the six months thing, what they had said was two clean tests and off I go, so I assume it won’t be too long.”
It’s not taken long, however, for those words to be contradicted.

USADA Dismisses McGregor’s Interpretation Of Testing Requirements

On Thursday, USADA released a statement in response to McGregor’s claims.

The organization first dismissed the suggestion that any sort of meeting has been agreed with the Irishman, but noted that would be expected once he notifies them of his official return.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Was this all a front to sell the public a season of tuf?

3 Likes

If they can get Lesnar in for a quick fight, they can get McGregor in too.

4 Likes

UFC just needs to build a Apex in Tokyo. Hold fights there and let everyone who competes there compete under PRIDE rules with no drug testing. No WMMA allowed.

So then you have your choice as a fighter and a fan. You can watch and compete under USADA with WMMA on the card in the states or you can go to Japan and compete on awesome cards under PRIDE rules and tell USADA to lick your nuts.

9 Likes

McGregor is finished with pro fighting.
He knows how it would end end up against an animal like Chandler.
Just look at his latest interview.hes more focused on his new flavour of whisky

2 Likes

USADA is paid by the UFC. They will do whatever Dana wants.

3 Likes

wish this is what they did with fight island.

1 Like
2 Likes

at least they are letting it be known that if Conor does not do the 6 months of testing, the exemption falls entirely on UFC/Dana

1 Like

UFC loses all credibility if they do so

Well fuck,

I didn’t know that the decision came down to the UFC.I just knew that there was a loop hole that could be exploited.In this case…it’s the UFC and not USADA.

Like they did with your hero Brock?