Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Benson Henderson Headlines Bellator 292 in San Jose

2 Likes

The first two matchups of the Bellator lightweight grand prix are set for Bellator 292
Shortly after the 155-pound field was revealed by Scott Coker, the promotion announced that Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Benson Henderson will serve as the headliner for the March 10 event in San Jose, Calif. Tofiq Musayev will square off against Alexadr Shabliy in another quarterfinal pairing. All lightweight grand prix bouts will be contested over five rounds.

Bellator 292 takes place at the SAP Center in San Jose, and the evening’s main card airs on Showtime beginning at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.

Nurmagomedov is unbeaten in 16 professional outings. He claimed the lightweight throne at Bellator 288, when he took a five-round unanimous decision against Patricky Freire on Nov. 18. The American Kickboxing Academy product has finished 13 of his 16 victories inside the distance.

Henderson, a former UFC lightweight champ, is coming off back-to-back victories over Islam Mamedov and Peter Queally under the Bellator banner. “Smooth” is 7-6 during his tenure with the California-based promotion, with other notable victories against the likes of Patricio Freire, Myles Jury and Roger Huerta.

A former Rizin Fighting Federation title holder, Musayev enjoyed a successful promotional debut this past July, when he knocked out Sidney Outlaw in 27 seconds at Bellator 283. The 33-year-old Azerbaijan native has been victorious in 16 of his last 17 outings.

Shabliy will take a seven-bout winning streak into his showdown with Musayev. The 29-year-old Russian is 3-0 in Bellator, including a second-round TKO of Brent Primus in his most recent appearance at Bellator 282.

Good test for Usman.

Bendo robbed Mamedov (one of Usman’s training partners) via decision in his last fight but he did well.

Experience vs. young talent

Good test indeed.

His past opponents recs are not the best but with his last name , at this point I can’t talk bad of them and Usman imo has a 78.7,%win chance of winning this match by my calculations

If theres a few more decent fights i might just go.

On that card?

Card so far, expect a few more good fights in the next week or two I’m sure

Very brave of the co main eventer Toriq beating a guy who at 24-9-1 record faced a 0-1 fighter and beat him …

1 Like

The other co main eventer also has a pro record that bullied cans after he had 7 pro wins

Wild that Bendo is 39.
Doesn’t seem like it was 11 years ago that he won the UFC belt.

4 Likes

Usman should try to unify the belts at One and Rizin. Hold 3 belts at the same time

1 Like

What does this post even mean? Are you calling Tofiq a coward for fighting a 20-1-1 fighter when he was 13-3 in 2018 because that fighter fought a 0-1 guy 3 years later?

You might be a little too high right now, you went too far down the rabbit hole.

Uz would beat the FW chump (had to look up ) Tang Kai all day

I made u look like a fool in another thread with facts cause u dun fucked up,
And I was trying to have a laugh and joke with u with my reply.

Once again pls do not bring Ur “spectrum” autism, AssBurgers motor neuron disease into the threads and personally attempt to attack me.
That’s not fair brother…

Once again, u are welcome for Ur freedom … (Say it, “Thank you for Ur Service”)

Now go fuck urself, and as I said before pls decipher sarcasm and a joke in my responses, u fucking down sydnrome cunt

3 Likes

I’m stoked McKee is in this.

1 Like

On Deck

What was your retarded post even about in the first place? Were you high when you typed that?

1 Like

I was high .
Yes

2 Likes