Usman sucked the joy out of a great event

I don't like Usman's but he got it done and booked the W. Respect.

I was intrigued because of Jorge, but I wouldn’t buy another PPV with Usman as the headliner.

why doesMarty hate the fans so much?!

Nytron -

No, Masvidal sucked the joy out of the event. There was moments in the champ rounds where both fighters were standing and Mas did less than Usman did on the feet.

Cry more noobs. Usman's fight prior to this one was more exciting than any of GSP's fights after 2006.5. One of the most exciting WW fights in history. He gets a pass.

6 days notice, Usman did his best against a formible opponent. Landed power shots all night to the body.

Usman is a phenominal fuckin MMA fighter, who actually has power and can finish people.

Great fuckin fight!

I hope the weather in BOLIVIA is nice my fren

Wasa-B - 
wiggum - 
MasterofMartialArts - 
Nytron -

No, Masvidal sucked the joy out of the event. There was moments in the champ rounds where both fighters were standing and Mas did less than Usman did on the feet.

Cry more noobs. Usman's fight prior to this one was more exciting than any of GSP's fights after 2006.5. One of the most exciting WW fights in history. He gets a pass.

6 days notice, Usman did his best against a formible opponent. Landed power shots all night to the body.

Usman is a phenominal fuckin MMA fighter, who actually has power and can finish people.

Great fuckin fight!

None of Usman’s fights have ever been more exciting than a GSP fight with the exception of Usman vs Colby. GSP at least passed guard. He landed elbows and punches. He was/is a martial artist and showed a complete game. 

Also come up with something other than “cry more noobs”

Undeniably true.

Usman is good. But, he is Jake Shields level boring.

Didn’t Usman beat down Woodley pretty good? RDA as well? From what I recall from the Woodley fight, he had Woodley in all sorts of trouble multiple times. Not sure how close to a stoppage he was but Woodley was def in bad spots more than once.

Also, I don’t think people are giving Jorge’s defense enough credit on the ground. Usman had side control and went for the crucifix, Jorge got out. Usman went for mount, Jorge transitioned out. Usman may not be the most exciting guy on the ground but he did go for the dominant positions, he just wasn’t able to get em vs a guy Demian Maia called the best BJJ or ground fighter he’d fought or something to that extent. Didn’t see that fight but guessing Maia was talking about Jorge’s defensive abilities.

I was exhausted by the end of the Woodley and RDA fights.

DKielbasa -

I would like to see him engage on his feet more but hes there to win plain and simple. He executed his game plan correctly and won every round save maybe the first and thats debatable. 

Mas won rd 1 I agree

1 Like

Mas wins in the street because he wears shoes.

Nytron -

Great fuckin fight!

Like I said. Nobody likes you. 

1 Like

All the shit talking Usman does...  then he does this shit?

The 2 cuts mas got were from InAdvertant Head Butts.  No way this guy does more than GSP...  At least GSP got every takedown he ever attempted...  Mas defended well but Usman didn't cause cause shit...  No damage at all just stalling...  When he had Mas on the ground...  he did didley squat...

Stea1th -

Boring fight 

woodly 2.0 is the perfect example 

fought safe 

Usman is much more bland then Woodley. Woodley had some vicious knockouts leading up to his title run and suffered more from waiting too long to land his power right where as Usman's primary attack is just pinning his opponent against the cage.

Agree with OP here, Usman was a turd in the punch in an otherwise great card. The most frustrating part was Usman actually dealt real damage with real body shots and knees in the clinch against Woodley but was content with just leaning against Masvidal.

Those foot stomps where bullshit, were they really included in the count of significant strikes? 

He's way better then Woodley, with his winey attitude

Nytron -

Great fuckin fight!

Notice how career contrarians are always consistent in their pubescence.

DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

If you are just watching the sport with nothing on the line it would be boring. 

if you put your whole betting account on Usman because you knew it would be an easy win at -235 odds and Masvidal came out looking strong then it was a very exciting fight. Maybe you should get some skin in the game next time to better enjoy boring fights

That’s what I did, I threw money on Usman. I used to hate the guy but he’s a terminator in the octagon. If you wanna make easy money always bet Usman going forward. Nobody is beating him 

1 Like
MarcusAurelioFan -
Nytron -

Great fuckin fight!

Nytron. Nobody said GSP was one of the most exciting fighters. That's a straw man argument. Most of his fights were boring as fuck after Serra cloberred him.

So any fight that isn't a finish is automatically boring as fuck? GSP didn't become the biggest draw in the sport by being boring. GSP annihilated his opponents all over the cage, in all facets. He stayed busy everywhere and beat the piss out everyone he fought except Hendricks, who he still beat. Ask Fitch or Koscheck if GSP was a boring passive fighter.

God Of Thunder -
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

If you are just watching the sport with nothing on the line it would be boring. 

if you put your whole betting account on Usman because you knew it would be an easy win at -235 odds and Masvidal came out looking strong then it was a very exciting fight. Maybe you should get some skin in the game next time to better enjoy boring fights

That’s what I did, I threw money on Usman. I used to hate the guy but he’s a terminator in the octagon. If you wanna make easy money always bet Usman going forward. Nobody is beating him 

I almost make a business out of my mma betting. My biggest loss ever though was when Jorge murdered Askren. So I kinda went reckless with revenge betting on Usman, but I just couldn’t see him losing that fight.

Gilbert burns might have the answer for Usman though. 

Why are there 4 pages of debate ? Is Usman dominant and effective under the rules if the “sport” ?

OBVIOUSLY YES.

Is Usman incredibly boring, devoid of an actual fanbase, bringing in low PPV numbers on his end, and probably disliked by his boss due to instability to move the needle ?

OBVIOUSLY YES

Is Usman alone worth a $60 + PPV ?

lol OBVIOUSLY NO