Usman takes aim at Covington

He's unlikely to get it, IMO. Colby will surely be matched up against the winner of Woodley/Till. I think Colby could smother Usman anyway...

With Colby Covington getting passed up, Kamaru Usman wants to fight Covington next. According to Usman’s manager Ali Abdelaziz that’s the fight they are pushing for now. “We feel for Colby,” Abdelaziz said, “but he is the guy we need to fight. He is the true No. 1 contender.”

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) July 24, 2018

Colby vs masvidal, and dos anjos vs usman imo

Timing - 

Masvidal is on a 2 fight losing streak. No reason he should be in a #1 contender fight. And RDA lost his last. Usman and Colby are on winning streaks. That’s the matchup to make. If Colby refuses again hope he gets passed up again too

FrontBroRian -
Timing - 

Masvidal is on a 2 fight losing streak. No reason he should be in a #1 contender fight. And RDA lost his last. Usman and Colby are on winning streaks. That’s the matchup to make. If Colby refuses again hope he gets passed up again too

Colby & Jorge have been home boys for years. Masvidal used to feature I’m in his YT vids years ago. 

I doubt they'd fight even if it was for a belt.

knot eye -
FrontBroRian -
Timing - 

Colby & Jorge have been home boys for years. Masvidal used to feature I’m in his YT vids years ago. 

I doubt they'd fight even if it was for a belt.

Your right I forgot about that. Than yea let’s go usman Colby and dos anjos masvidal 

logical next fight winner fights winner of the Woodley fight

This is the fight to make... Do it! 

That's the perfect fight imo

Both dominant wrestlers, match up well. Both on winning streak.

Woodley vs Till is already booked. Don't hold up the division, have both fight for the next title shot. Also RDA vs Masvidal or Wonderboy makes sense since all those fighters are coming off losses. 

I think Colby has about a 0% chance of smothering Usman. Stylistically, Tyron and Usman are the worst possible match ups for him.

Timing -

Colby and masvidal are pretty tight....l don't think they would fight.

I'm the biggest Usman fan in the world, but I wouldn't want to be in this guys way right now..

Let's keep the two top #1 contenders away from each other for the time being, or make a 175 lbs. belt for them to fight for and move the WW division up 5lbs.  with the inclusion of 165. unless Colby and Kamaru are going to actually get paid what they're worth for a fight like this. 300k+ each.

Can't blame Usman for shooting for the top.