Valentina Shevchenko vs Cris Cyborg

Two great fighters, two legends two of the best of all time, but they never met.

Why? Weight. Cyborg is much bigger. However Valentina was at 135 when Cyborg was in UFC. So there was a chance, but there was just never a need. Back in those days Cyborg reigned as the most feared martial artist. Until she got in there with Nunes. These days I think people would want to see it. They want to see it because both are the greatest of all time.

One day looking back at all the fights people will wonder why Cris Cyborg vs Valentina Shevchenko never happened. It will cross their minds in the next generation of fights. Maybe it’s time we give this fight a serious look.

Is it possible sure it is. Valentina could fight at 140lbs. The problem now is that Cyborg and Dana did not get a long and they terminated their contract. Cyborg is has expressed interest in going back to UFC however it does not look like it’s fate.

If it did happen we would see two of the greatest strikers of all time clash. Who would you favor in such a legendary battle?

@pauliegmma - follow

I would rather see a rematch with Nunes, even though I’m not usually crazy about rematches

1 Like

I think Valentina wins at 135. If cyborg makes that weight she will be huge though. At 145 Valentina gets rag dolled.

I still think Valentina is the most talented wmma fighter of all time and would make a great wife

1 Like