Valentina Shevchenko vs Tracy Cortez

Valentina Shevchenko is the greatest flyweight of all time. About to add her 7th title defense to her resume of she beats Taila Santos.

Tracey Cortez has won 10 in a row and five fight in the UFC. She’s doing pretty well besides some weight hick ups. Cortez just cracked the top 15 in the division with a win over Melissa Gatto. Yet to fight anyone in the top ranks there still are a lot of questions surrounding Cortez. A naturally bigger flyweight Cortez has had fights at bantamweight earlier in her career.

There is a lot of fan fare behind her. She’s very popular but that doesn’t win fights.

Do you think Cortez has a good chance in making her way up the flyweight division or is she just another contender.

… ranked below Jessica Eye…

Sucks that Tatiana Suarez has been out for so long. She was looking like a future champion in that division up until her neck injury.

When you’re fighting the 15th ranked fighter in a title fight it’s probably time to either move up again or retire.

1 Like

Or start fighting two of them at the same time.

How do you think Valentina would do against Jessica Eye AND Tracy Cortez?

Regardless of her record, Tracy strikes me as a gym bunny. I just can’t imagine such a person being competitive against someone who is both an athlete and a life-long martial artist like Valentina.

2 Likes

^Its not gonna be close.
Tracy isnt ready either imo

Tatiana suarez could be 115 and 125 champ maybe. Her neck injury has fuct her career up so much and its sad to me. chick beat cancer too i think. And she beat champ carla esparza as bad as you can beat someone. I think it was 81 sig strikes to 0 of 1 on the ground.