Varner: You win by the sword, you die by the sword

Source: Jamie Varner: "You win by the sword, you die by the sword."

Why is no one talking about the Varner vs. Guillard bout? That is going to be a guarantee FOTN or KOTF performance.

I have no idea who is going to win this bout, but Varner making it clear he is not afraid to brawl with Guillard. Can't wait for this bout on Saturday.

Guillard's striking isn't anywhere near Varner's, IMO. He's been relying on his physical gifts for so long, and they've gotten him very far, but Varner has power AND good fundamentals to back it up.

If Guillard doesn't beat Varner within the first round, I see Varner finishing him or winning a lopsided decision. Phone Post

Varner is better than Guillard everywhere imo.

Varner by rnc Phone Post

Battle of two guys with a history of flakiness...Varner seems to have matured though.

I think Varner is technically better as a boxer, but Guillard's physical gifts of speed and power make him the more dangerous striker. However, Melvin also has a shit chin and bad defense.

Basically I think trying to predict a Melvin fight is a fruitless exercise. On any given night, he can brutally KO anyone at 155, or get dropped by a jab and subbed by random non-contenders.

Should be interesting though, just like every Melvin fight.

DaemonDragon - Battle of two guys with a history of flakiness...Varner seems to have matured though.

I think Varner is technically better as a boxer, but Guillard's physical gifts of speed and power make him the more dangerous striker. However, Melvin also has a shit chin and bad defense.

Basically I think trying to predict a Melvin fight is a fruitless exercise. On any given night, he can brutally KO anyone at 155, or get dropped by a jab and subbed by random non-contenders.

Should be interesting though, just like every Melvin fight.

That's why I hope they always keep Melvin in the UFC as long as he retains his physical gifts and desire to fight.

One of the most unpredictable guys to call a fight for, and there's ALWAYS potential for excitement. Phone Post

I see them trading punches, and I see Varner coming out on top. Phone Post

Very similar styles and both very hot and cold fighters. Jamie is more technical on the feet but Melvin is both stronger and faster.

Unless Jamie can tag him early, which is very possible, I see Melvin taking him out with a TKO.