VERY NICE clip to watch!!!!!

This event had about 450 spectators. The clip of the audience was a poor one. It was done during an intermission, and most people were getting some food to eat or buying MMA, and BJJ gear from vendors. I was the guy who did the video taping of the event and I made the mistake of panning the audience at the wrong time and it was the only audience pan I did, so Patrick the guy who made the preview had to use that one. The prices would have been great for US spectators even with the poor exchange rate right now, cheap gear, food, and Canadian beer. (no alcohol at the event but that shouldn't stop people from loading up on the stuff and taking it home)

For other great clips of action checkout the website:

www.ontariograppling.com and watch the videos from OSWI-1 and OSWI-2.

I don't know when the DVD's go on sale, and how much they are, but just pay attention to those two sites mentioned and it will say.

For interviews and background info on fighters checkout:

www.showdown.ca

Scroll down to the article dated Dec.6/04. Interviews and bio's are dated Nov.26-Dec.5 (news archive)

WILEY

tttA

music was good, taping was good, and all the other creative BS.

Nice clip

tttA

nice

ttt

A few weeks ago I kept posting on this forum about an upcoming event in Hamilton Ontario which was an Invitational Submission Wrestling Tourney. Unfortunately several American fighters were unable to make this event at the last minute due to a car accident. (I hope they are fine and car problems are worked out)

Everyone should checkout the very nice clip that www.abhaya.ca did of the recent OSWI-3. Thanks Rick for the event and some great fights, thanks ABHAYA (Patrick/Rowan) for the preview of things to come. Thanks to WILEY for his great video camera efforts, and ability to capture some great clips and great
action. (I had to throw props out to myself)

Check it out: www.abhaya.ca and pics at www.ontariograppling.com, OSWI #3

The event had coverage on the Abu Dhabi page, On The Mat, Tatame, and several others. The event was sponsored by several big name sponsors such-Booster Juice, Sprawl (Canada), Rio Fightwear, Premier Fitness (big Canadian fitness chain). If people look closely they'll notice one competitor and winner of the grand prix was George St. Pierre from some recent UFC's, also several top BJJ black belts from Brazil now living, and training in Canada were on the card as well or have fought on past cards.
This event is gettng bigger by the moment and is gonna burst out bigtime. Some top US names couldn't make it at the last moment due to an accident the morning of while driving togther to the tourney and another for personal reasons.

WILEY

wiley,

is it an open tournament to everyone?

how many people usually compete?

if you have 450 spectators, there should be a LARGE amount of competitors.. right?

example, how many fights would i have to win to get 1st in a division?

ttt

Empire, I believe it's invitation only

Sweet!

ttt

tttA

American fans just keep checking out the websites:

www. ontariograppling.com

www.showdown.ca

These site's will have info. on the next event which is gonna be a huge success. The promoter is thinking of having a theme of Canada vs US/Brazil etc... Just standby and who knows, maybe you might be in this event someday.

WILEY

A few weeks ago I kept posting on this forum about an upcoming event in Hamilton Ontario which was an Invitational Submission Wrestling Tourney. Unfortunately several American fighters were unable to make this event at the last minute due to a car accident. (I hope they are fine and car problems are worked out)
Everyone should checkout the very nice clip that www.abhaya.ca did of the recent OSWI-3. Thanks Rick for the event and some great fights, thanks ABHAYA (Patrick/Rowan) for the preview of things to come. Thanks to WILEY for his great video camera efforts, and ability to capture some great clips and great action. (I had to throw props out to myself)

Check it out: www.abhaya.ca and pics at www.ontariograppling.com, OSWI #3

The event had coverage on the Abu Dhabi page, On The Mat, Tatame, and several others. The event was sponsored by several big name sponsors such-Booster Juice, Sprawl (Canada), Rio Fightwear, Premier Fitness (big Canadian fitness chain). If people look closely they'll notice one competitor and winner of the grand prix was George St. Pierre from some recent UFC's, also several top BJJ black belts from Brazil now living, and training in Canada were on the card as well or have fought on past cards. This event is gettng bigger by the moment and is gonna burst out bigtime. Some top US names couldn't make it at the last moment due to an accident the morning of while driving togther to the tourney and another for personal reasons.

WILEY

This event had about 450 spectators. The clip of the audience was a poor one. It was done during an intermission, and most people were getting some food to eat or buying MMA, and BJJ gear from vendors. I was the guy who did the video taping of the event and I made the mistake of panning the audience at the wrong time and it was the only audience pan I did, so Patrick the guy who made the preview had to use that one. The prices would have been great for US spectators even with the poor exchange rate right now, cheap gear, food, and Canadian beer. (no alcohol at the event but that shouldn't stop people from loading up on the stuff and taking it home)
For other great clips of action checkout the website:

www.ontariograppling.com and watch the videos from OSWI-1 and OSWI-2.

I don't know when the DVD's go on sale, and how much they are, but just pay attention to those two sites mentioned and it will say.

For interviews and background info on fighters checkout:

www.showdown.ca

Scroll down to the article dated Dec.6/04. Interviews and bio's are dated Nov.26-Dec.5 (news archive)

WILEY

tttA

tttA

tttA

Pretty cool,thought that was the Phantom Surfers at first, nice background music. Oh,cool clips too,

ttt for Rick's event.

tttA