(VIDEO) Escape from side control using the gi

I'll try that tonight.
Have you ever seen that move before ?

http://bjjtech.free.fr/?p=215

cool. never seen that variation

That is pretty cool!

Thanks for the link Alex.

slick

Never seen it. Cannot wait to try it at class on Saturday. I will be giving up side control willingly at open mat time to try this.

That's nice!

ttt Phone Post

At work with iPhone.... YouTube?? Phone Post

Nvrmind.... Not flash- it is YouTube :-) Phone Post

I really like this move. It looks very original. Usually these unique moves work really well.

Really like that! Usually I don't like gi techniques as i feel they telegraph, but that could work :-D Phone Post

Thanks for sharing.  

TTT

Used this twice during rolling today. Works an absolute treat! Phone Post

nice

Does not work for me...i need to try again.

If the guy have the underhook with his right arm he can use it to prevent the sweep.
Also if he have his left leg streched it's impossible to flip the guy over.

i couldn't make it work either, not as the video showed it. However, what did work very well at making space was a variation:

-feed the gi-skirt over to my far hand, then jam my foot into it. then pushing straight up with your leg lifts him right off your chest,

plus this is very uncomfortable for him as his gi-lapel digs into his armpit area.

Thanks kingabiu i'll try that.

kingabiu - i couldn't make it work either, not as the video showed it. However, what did work very well at making space was a variation:

-feed the gi-skirt over to my far hand, then jam my foot into it. then pushing straight up with your leg lifts him right off your chest,

plus this is very uncomfortable for him as his gi-lapel digs into his armpit area.

I used to do something similar for awhile. While mounted and the other guy is really high on my chest, I grab their belt to make room for my foot. Push it straight up and create space to get full guard or whatever from there. I have no idea where I got that from. I don't even remember being taught that move. My professor was like WTF too and messed around with it until he figured out a way that crushed me whenever I did it.

LetsTalkItOut - 

I used to do something similar for awhile. While mounted and the other guy is really high on my chest, I grab their belt to make room for my foot. Push it straight up and create space to get full guard or whatever from there. I have no idea where I got that from. I don't even remember being taught that move. My professor was like WTF too and messed around with it until he figured out a way that crushed me whenever I did it.

I think it's forbidden by the IBJJF rules to put your foot like that behind the belt.

Nice!