Video: Sao Paulo Approach to Passing the Guard

Yea it was a privalege being on the mat with him, it wasnt somthing he really emphasised as its obviously natural to him but i noticed how when passing and in side he stayed on the balls of his feet so he could apply more pressure. Everything ended with him circling back towards opponents hips as you show in the dvd

TEKNYC~ The song is Solution by Mixjah.

Jim_Lad,

I have taken lessons from members of the Atos team: Ramon Lemos, Gilbert "Durinho" Burns, The Mendes Bros and Jason Hunt, all these guys are "Toes to the Mat" and a similar guard passing game.

Awesome, my gf's gona order the dvd as an xmas present. It looks to be a very effective style of guardpassing to emulate.
Atos seem to be about that deep squat position and as you say toes to the mat.

You dont happen to know of any resources, matches or instructional clips to observe the standing (deep squat style) posture atos use.

Thanks

Jim_Lad~ Someone sent me this clip Rafa passing using the Sao Paulo Approach. When he taught me some passing techniques, he focused a lot on the deep squat, being on the toes and staying low in posture. Although this clip is fast and Rafa does stay in the position long because the opponent does resist well, it is a great clip to watch. The purpose of my DVD was to showcase this type of approach and teaching someone how to keep getting there from all types of guards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EeC9PFaya8&feature=player_profilepage

nice.

Thats awesome mate thanks, lookin forward to the dvd!

Thanks Tony, for that I'm buying it with my next paycheck. Is there a way to only buy that guard passing dvd or do I have to buy the whole package?

Theres a bit at the bottom that says to purchase individual dvds continue to shop or something like that

I read this on a different forum sherdo- from "The Don." He writes about the Sao Paulo Approach to Passing the Guard DVD:

I got my copy of this last week, and I've watched it twice already. I picked up both of the Mendes Bros Bull Terrier DVDs, the 2009 Worlds DVD, and took a private lesson from my instructor awhile back in order to analyze and learn this style of passing. Tony's DVD has it all in one place and in one usable system.

EVERYONE, do NOT buy this DVD...(only because I want the techniques on this DVD to be a secret!).

---------
I sent out some DVDs to different people that are going to write some official reviews on my DVDs. Contact me if you are on the level and can write some DVD reviews. I have several DVDs now I would like to make some noise!

"little" Tony
BJJ REVOLUTION TEAM
www.soulfight.net

ttt

LittleTony - I read this on a different forum sherdo- from "The Don." He writes about the Sao Paulo Approach to Passing the Guard DVD:

I got my copy of this last week, and I've watched it twice already. I picked up both of the Mendes Bros Bull Terrier DVDs, the 2009 Worlds DVD, and took a private lesson from my instructor awhile back in order to analyze and learn this style of passing. Tony's DVD has it all in one place and in one usable system.

EVERYONE, do NOT buy this DVD...(only because I want the techniques on this DVD to be a secret!).

---------
I sent out some DVDs to different people that are going to write some official reviews on my DVDs. Contact me if you are on the level and can write some DVD reviews. I have several DVDs now I would like to make some noise!

"little" Tony
BJJ REVOLUTION TEAM
www.soulfight.net

I'd like to take you up on that offer, message sent!

Just ordered it. Can't wait.

well done tony and mike makes a good uke.
if u get a chance, ask mike if he can do the 1 handed push up and clap his hands behind his head yet without falling on his face.i dont see him much anymore

Orderd!

TTT

great info! love this style of passing!

yawn

ttt

Got to meet Tony briefly at Rod's seminar yesterday.

--The DVD looks like interesting stuff!