Vinny: U ever rolled with Vitor?

I know Vitor has trained with Drysdale before. How is he on the ground?

He did sub Anthony Johnson once lol Phone Post

AJ was a zombie at that point

He is a Carlson Gracie black belt. Very good Jiu Jitsu although he doesn't use it much.

REALLYBIGRHINO - He is a Carlson Gracie black belt. Very good Jiu Jitsu although he doesn't use it much.

Are you saying because he has a BB that he has good bjj or do you know he does? just wondering honestly Phone Post

He's not Jacare or Marcelo, Vitor can hold his own. I think he placed third at ADCC behind JJ Machado in like 2001, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Curious to hear Vinny's opinion. Phone Post

Relevant to my interests Phone Post

LilRoyNelson - 
REALLYBIGRHINO - He is a Carlson Gracie black belt. Very good Jiu Jitsu although he doesn't use it much.

Are you saying because he has a BB that he has good bjj or do you know he does? just wondering honestly Phone Post

No, I know what he does lol. My BJJ instructor is his cousin and also a Carlson Gracie BB. Carlson Gracie had the best bjj competition/mma team back in the day and Vitor was part of it.

Vitor did very well at Abu Dhabi in 2001. He came in 3rd in the Absolute. But i'm pretty sure Ricardo Almeida was badly injured in their match for third place. He did well in his weight division as well. From what I've seen, he's not extremely technical (compared to other world class guys, I mean) and gets by a lot with athleticism, strong wrestling, etc. He may not be tapping world class guys, but he also isn't being made a fool of by any means.

2001 Absolute ADCC he placed 3rd. He beat Sudo, and Ricco Rodridguez, and lost to Arona. He then beat Ricardo Almeida in the 3rd Place match. Pretty impressive.

In for vinny Phone Post

Vinny is a badass, didn't he beat xande? that dude is gnarley.

Vitor by armbar

In Phone Post

Vinny is all class

Vitor doesnt show much of his technique but ive yet to see him get handled

REALLYBIGRHINO - Vinny is a badass, didn't he beat xande? that dude is gnarley.

no xande beat him.
Vitor is really good on the ground, better than you'd think. He just fell in love with boxing instead of his BJJ and trained it a lot more. There were stories that he got his black belt faster than he should of so he could be a black belt in the UFC to be more intimidating so people would stand with him where he was better...these were just rumors though I remember reading. He did very well at ADCC a while back as people mentioned, not a technical submission machine like a Marcelo or Jacare, but an athletic guy who is near impossible to sweep. Go to youtube and watch his ADCC matches and there are clips of him rolling too on there with people.

Musashi - Vinny would submit him in grappling but probably doesn't want anything to do with him in MMA... I could be wrong though.

Vinny would own him Phone Post

Im a real boy -
REALLYBIGRHINO - Vinny is a badass, didn't he beat xande? that dude is gnarley.

no xande beat him.
Vitor is really good on the ground, better than you'd think. He just fell in love with boxing instead of his BJJ and trained it a lot more. There were stories that he got his black belt faster than he should of so he could be a black belt in the UFC to be more intimidating so people would stand with him where he was better...these were just rumors though I remember reading. He did very well at ADCC a while back as people mentioned, not a technical submission machine like a Marcelo or Jacare, but an athletic guy who is near impossible to sweep. Go to youtube and watch his ADCC matches and there are clips of him rolling too on there with people.

Aroma destroyed him in adcc Phone Post

I bet jones could sub vitor. I hope to hell that it doesn't go that way.

Vitor by KO!!' Phone Post