Vitor Belfort TKO's Evander Holyfield in round 1

And good for him for doing what works.

sad to see things come to this in the ā€œfightingā€ ā€œentertainmentā€ ā€œbusinessā€ in 2021

didnā€™t support this one by paying for it and only saw the highlights on social media but absolutely wont be watching or supporting their next event

1 Like

Jake Paul isnā€™t ducking a fight just because some stranger called him out and challenged him.

I donā€™t know if Jakeā€™s fights are real or fixed, but if he can go the distance with a washed up Woodley, he has at least a chance if he were to fight Belfort, I mean itā€™s not exactly prime TRTitor that we saw Saturday night, and I think half the fucking dopes on this forum would have a 50/50 shot at the Holyfield we saw Saturday.

I see the Paul vs Vitor fight if it were to happen, Paul constantly circling and jabbing and being quite hard for Vitor to land on, obviously thereā€™s no way of telling how Paul would handle Vitorā€™s blitzes, but Iā€™ll also say that Vitorā€™s chin has been gone for a decade and that Paul also has a puncherā€™s chance in the fight. Most likely would end in most people feeling Vitor Belfort was the aggressor in most rounds but Paul miraculously is awarded another split decision.

I just canā€™t see it. Boxing has always been a part of Vitorā€™s game and the bigger gloves are more forgiving as far as his chin goes. Heā€™d have to take a clean hit. I think you are overestimating Jake Paulā€™s abilities. I could be wrong.

1 Like

One thing is for certain. This place has a throbbing hard-on for Jake Paul.

1 Like

Pretty aggressive there mister.
Triller said this was an actual boxing match.
I listened to morning kombat earlier, according to them this was an exhibition, that promotion lied and the Florida athletic commission is a joke.
Holyfield almost fell out of the ring after missing a hook, the man was completely off balance (has documented cognitive issues), and had no business being in that ring at almost 60.
Vitor has as much responsibility as the promotion, heā€™s not some passive victim here.
I still say his reaction after winning and his post fight speech were embarrassing.
As an exhibition, this fight should have looked more like Tyson vs Roy.
Not vitor roaring after beating on an elderly legend.
It was a real bummer seeing Holyfield done that way.
Enjoy your evening.

1 Like

All good, no worries man.
You make some great points.
Iā€™m probably overthinking the whole thing too.
Vitor (like you mentioned), was kind of in a no win situation. He needed to make an impact in order to generate attention-to get a Paul fight or someone else.
Holyfield needed the money and probably thought, he could get this guy out of there quick. Iā€™d imagine he saw what Mercer did to Tim, and some of the more recent bouts of mma vs boxers, probably didnā€™t respect mma fightersā€™s boxing. Who knows.
Like someone mentioned, theyā€™re fighting for money. Exhibition or not. I actually enjoyed watching that shit show, up until this fight.
Triller should have scraped this fight all together, moved Tito vs Andy to the main event. It would have been completely fine. They could have rescheduled vitor vs Oscar once he got better from Covid. Thatā€™s a much more reasonable match up.
I watched Holyfield as a kid, like a lot of guys here. He was one of my dadā€™s favorite fighters, so thereā€™s a lot of nostalgia there.
Iā€™m sure thatā€™s part of my reaction here. These guys have paid their dues.
I just donā€™t want to see one of these old legends get embarrassed, hurt bad, or worse-thatā€™s where Iā€™m at.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve actually grown more empathetic since having kids, but I get that.
Combat sports will always be a guilty pleasure of mine though.

I know what you mean. I hate this woke garbage as well, itā€™s infecting everything. I think thatā€™s why weā€™re all so passionate about combats sports here-we donā€™t want that shit getting into fighting. Itā€™s like the last place I donā€™t see it really.

We could all use a break from politics.
But, one of the things I like about this place-
One second someone is calling a guy a bitch made cocksucker, a day later theyā€™re having a civil conversation-all while waiting for Paige van zant to finally show her butthole.

1 Like