Volkan Oezdemir Arrested For Aggravated Battery

IronWill -
EckY -
IronWill -

Aggravated Battery means he was provoked in some way, maybe even enough that he could claim self defence and walk? That aggravated is a big part of this, it’s not like he just KOd an innocent bystander.

You are talking complete and utter nonsense.

Aggravated battery means it is more serious than simple battery and could even be a felony.

In Australia we don’t have a battery charge, it falls under assault. I have been charged with Aggravated assault before and this is how it was explained to me by police. After doing independent research I now realise I was 17 and they played me into admitting I was guilty. Fucking idiot. Never talk to cops without a lawyer, kids.

We learned about battery charges with Werdum last week.

Hes got no time for stuff this.

Omg someone should make another joke about how his nickname is No time!!!!

The first 50 were so funny that I can't see how the 51st wouldn't be even funnier....

209'd@170 -

Omg someone should make another joke about how his nickname is No time!!!!

The first 50 were so funny that I can't see how the 51st wouldn't be even funnier....

Aint got no time for that

And there was no time... when... ummmm ... he didn't have 'no time' for... hold on... there was no time..... to time... there was no time to time!

Evidently the guy he assaulted grabbed his girlfriend's tits.  

sbud -

Evidently the guy he assaulted grabbed his girlfriend's tits.  

Pics of said GF for evidence.

Throwing it all away and he hasn't even fought for a title yet

Covington strikes again.

.@volkan_oezdemir issues statement after recent arrest for ‘bar room altercation’ #UFC #MMA https://t.co/FWdDWaBkIc

— MMA mania (@mmamania) November 20, 2017

So the fight is still on. The “assault” happened 3 months ago and they just proceeded with the arrest.

JoseyWales -

.@volkan_oezdemir issues statement after recent arrest for ‘bar room altercation’ #UFC #MMA https://t.co/FWdDWaBkIc

— MMA mania (@mmamania) November 20, 2017
This happened in August?!

Mr. Oezdemir expressed his faith in the America judicial system and looks forward to all of the facts involved in the August 12, 2017 incident being made public.

Morgz - 

Dang. D.C. Is cursed

if I were Gus I'd think twice about setting up a rematch. 

Cursed? He’s the luckiest champ in UFC history. There is a guy who is clearly way better than him that keeps getting himself suspended. The second best LHW in the world retires. And his next top challenger is likely getting himself arrested out of the fight.

DC gets to stay champ and make champ money despite not being the best 205er

Form Volkan court video:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-sb-volkan-oezdemir-arrest-20171119-story.html

Sounds like Volkan goes to take a piss, the victim starts hitting on/harrasing his fiance in the meantime, Volkan comes back, there's an altercation...

…guy hits his head on the way down, needs stitches.

Volkan says he has a fight in Boston in Feb (DC).  His passport is taken away, making him unable to leave the country, until his sentencing 

So they take away his passport and is stuck in Switzerland while the fight happened in the U.S. (Florida)?

Makes no sense.

These things happen in mma…

Siciliano di Brooklyn - So they take away his passport and is stuck in Switzerland while the fight happened in the U.S. (Florida)?

Makes no sense.

Im pretty sure it means he is in Florida. They took his passport so he cant escape back to Switzerland

“Volkan says he has a fight in Boston in Feb (DC). His passport is taken away, making him unable to leave the country, until his sentencing”

Your theory makes much more sense and makes this situation clear. The problem is that the article says, “His passport,” meaning EU, was taken away and they did not specify what country he wasn’t allowed to leave.

I was thinking in the way Brazilians always have trouble getting Visas and can’t get to the U.S.