Volkanovski is a point fighter.

Circling back and around with leg kicks, shoe shine jump in shots, shoe shine takedowns.

Which is fine but quit with the I’m going to knock people out bullcrap.

2 Likes

He was aggressive early and got caught so he had to adjust. Dude was fighting one of the goats. Watch the rest of his fights

1 Like

Yep.

He can finish guys. But you cant fight Max dumb. And what rudiger said.

Lol coz Max is so easy to finish.

rudiger - 

He was aggressive early and got caught so he had to adjust. Dude was fighting one of the goats. Watch the rest of his fights

You mean the one Mendes fight? Should I watch that in a loop?

2 Likes
Snakey89 - 

It’s not about finishing or not finishing. It’s about how you fight. Some of the best fights go to decision. Joanna/Zhang, Whittaker/Romero, Gasteluem/Adensanya, Holloway/Poirier…

Volkanovski just point fought. Third straight fight. And it’s not great to watch.

1 Like

I honestly thought max was more trying to get points.

Volk was just struggling cause he’s got the reach of an infant.

I think volk would’ve liked to trade. He just didn’t have that option.

We can agree to disagree.

Well, I definitely thought he lost tonight.

Nothing wrong with being a point fighter when belts and big paychecks are on the line. For as many people as there are who will dislike someone for point fighting, there'll be just as many who will dislike him for losing. Pick the option that most benefits your career and bank account.

Bill Mahoney - I honestly thought max was more trying to get points.

Alex has a longer reach than max… 

1 Like

That’s crazy his reach is longer being Hes so short. The way the fight it sure doesn’t seem it’s longer. I guess cause leg length is just as important cause u can lean unstoppable punches from further out and when your tall someone is your shoulder height which makes their head closer to your fist. So arm length is only half of it.

But still that’s crazy. But then I guess his shoulders are wider so maybe that’s why

Colby Covid19ington -
Snakey89 - 

It’s not about finishing or not finishing. It’s about how you fight. Some of the best fights go to decision. Joanna/Zhang, Whittaker/Romero, Gasteluem/Adensanya, Holloway/Poirier…

Volkanovski just point fought. Third straight fight. And it’s not great to watch.

Mate look at Whittaker now , gastelum took loads of damage , as did both max and Poirier in that fight. Fighting smart vs going to war. Volk got hurt and adjusted. He definitely won 2 rounds and the 3rd was a toss up. Max didn’t exactly go to war in this fight either.

Max is a tough fight for anybody.  10 rounds they have fought now. Alex did what he had to do. 

Judge him after his next fight.

Bill Mahoney - I honestly thought max was more trying to get points.

He has longer reach than max

Let's be real about this reach thing. Volk does NOT have a longer actual reach in terms of arm length, since reach is measured in wingspan the width of the upper trunk is included, really not making this a telling stat in many cases (this one for sure). 

1 Like

He utilized the leg kicks well against a longer fighter. That was not point fighting as in the way Adesanya fought Yoel. 

He just beat the best version of Holloway I have ever seen. Give the guy a break

Bilge Water -

Let's be real about this reach thing. Volk does NOT have a longer actual reach in terms of arm length, since reach is measured in wingspan the width of the upper trunk is included, really not making this a telling stat in many cases (this one for sure). 

Great point. His athleticism is on another level. He can close the distance so well despite of his small frame. He is incredibly fast for such a strong guy 

Wasa-B - He can finish guys. But you cant fight Max dumb. And what rudiger said.

100%