Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria Featherweight Title Fight Targeted for 298

But that’s the thing. Sometimes fighters are never the same. Or take a while to get back to their old self. DC dropped Stipe, which I think was mainly due to Francis Ting off on him…

1 Like

I think I was the only one saying Topiria would beat Volk prior to that 2nd Islam fight

1 Like

Hah, just edited my post before seeing this.

Topiria is a bad ass. I think it will probably be Volks most competitive fight.

3 Likes

Lots of people think Topuria could be a problem for Volk

2 Likes

Guys Volk is still levels above the rest of the featherweight division. Our boy gonna bounce back and put a clinic on Topuria.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Volk is awesome, but I would not be surprised to see an upset

2 Likes

Damn that’s crazy but how many of those guys had a background in D1 concreting and semi professional rugby league. The ultimate combination for mma.

On a serious note though, lets not forget how many levels Volks wrestling has improved. He was good before, now he’s stuffing Islams takedowns and was beating Islam in the clinch in the 2nd fight before the kick.

The featherweight division aint ready for that shit imo. I hope he goes on a GSP style run from here mixing wrestling with striking to dominate his opponents while hopefully taking minimal damage.

2 Likes

Wow…who have the 2 wins?

1 Like

Woodley of all people

3 Likes

Would not have been one of my guesses.

1 Like

Right?

I thought maybe Lawler

Glover has to be one of the guys
And maybe Ngannou Vs Gane
?

Cancel that, up to WW
I see now

But 0 wins for ppl in Flw, Bw and FW

1 Like

Lightweight too…Woodley has the only 2 wins

2 Likes

UFC is finally giving “The Golden State” some more California Lovin’.

We haven’t seen a UFC event in California since a UFC on ESPN event in August 2022. The last UFC pay-per-view was UFC 270 featuring Francis Ngannou vs. Ciryl Gane in January 2022. It’s been a long while since the state has gotten a big deal event. But good things come to those who wait.

UFC 298, headlined by a featherweight title fight between Alexander Volkanovski and Ilia Topuria, will go down at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Originally, the 145 pound battle was looking to happen in January at UFC 297 in Toronto, Canada. But that was before Volkanovski lost a last-minute lightweight title fight to Islam Makhachev, taking a nasty head kick KO in the process.