VOTE: Who is the breakout fighter of 2021?

VOTE for the 2021 breakout fighter of the year!!!. All but three of these selections were made by the UG forums. Below you’ll find some info on what the nominees achieved in 2021. Make your vote at the bottom and decide who is the MixedMartialArts.com BFOTY!

Islam Makhachev - Won three fights, all finishes. Beat Dober, Moises (ranked at the time), and Hooker (ranked)
Adrian Yanez - Won three fights (two finishes). One of the fastest-rising fighters at bantamweight. Beat Lopez, Grant, and Costa
Julianna Pena - Two wins over Nunes, and McMann. Defeated women’s MMA GOAT and became bantamweight champion
Daniel Rodriguez - Won three fights (one finish). Beat Perry, Parsons, and Lee
Ciryl Gane - Won three fights (one finish). Beat Rozenstruik, Volkov, and Lewis. Hardly lost a round and became interim heavyweight champion
Giga Chikadze - Two wins, both finishes. Beat Swanson and Barboza
Gerald Meerschaert - After a bad loss to Khamzat Chimaev, won three fights, all finishes, all by submission. Beat Fabinski, Muradov, and Stoltzfus

• Islam Makhachev
  • Adrian Yanez
  • Julianna Pena
  • Daniel Rodriguez
  • Ciryl Gane
  • Giga Chikadze
  • Gerald Meerschaert

0 voters

Paddy the baddy?

3 Likes

Problem child or go fuck ya mutha

1 Like

I thought about adding him in since no one in the forum suggested him when I put up the selections post. But he just had one 1 win in the UFC and the other in Cage Warriors. It ain’t on the level of the nominees’ achievements.

This. It’s got to be Jake Paul. It’s not MMA but who cares it’s all sports entertainment

1 Like

I seriously pondered adding him in, but just like you’d want it, a bunch of complainers on here would whine about it. So figured it would be best to keep it strictly MMA.

Sean Brady?

How is Kumshat not on this list

1 Like

I think he only fought once this year.

@ujjai kumshot ain’t on the list as he was breakthrough fighter of 2020, 3 fights 3 wins, and a “star” was seen

1 Like