WADA removes Brazil from Code non-compliant list

April 12, 2017

WADA removes Brazil from the World Anti-Doping Code non-compliant list

Following a circular vote of its Foundation Board, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) today removed the National Anti-Doping Organization (NADO) of Brazil from the list of signatories previously deemed non-compliant with the 2015 World Anti-Doping Code (the Code). The Brazilian authorities have successfully adopted procedural rules in line with the Code in order to regulate the activity of its newly established Disciplinary Tribunal.

As stipulated in Article 23.5.5 of the Code, WADA will now report the removal of the NADO of Brazil from the list of non-compliant organizations to the Sports Movement and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).

WADA continues to work with the last remaining non-compliant signatory (the Russian Anti-Doping Agency – RUSADA) to address its outstanding issues.

cliffs: they are out of the doghouse

My concern with Brazil is the rampant corruption, even at the highest levels of office.  I just wouldn't trust any partners of USADA down there.  

The Maestro -

My concern with Brazil is the rampant corruption, even at the highest levels of office.  I just wouldn't trust any partners of USADA down there.  

Yea,I wouldn't either.