Walking for cardio?

Hi,

Is walking considered good for cardio? I know it is an effective calorie burner. Is there research to support brisk walking is effective in lowering resting heart rates?
I have been reading work done by Joel Jamieson I wondered if walking had its benefits also. I'm sure for someone who is unfit walking will have immediate benefits. But for more elite atheletes is it effective?

I know Steven Maxwell goes for 10,000 steps per day. Anyone else use long walks when running is inconvenient/painful?

I go for 10,000 faps per day. I'm skinny as fuk Phone Post

I think it depends on how brisk the walk. If your heart rate gets up high enough (around 80% max heart rate) or higher it can improve cardio. If your heart rate isn't up high enough it won't improve cardio but is still very healthy. Phone Post

There's no excuse to be walking for cardio grow a pair and at least jog. Phone Post

WestCoastMXC - There's no excuse to be walking for cardio grow a pair and at least jog. Phone Post

lol @ jog

You need to be sparring MMA against opponents of various sizes and weights for prolonged periods of time for MMA-specific endurance. Fact. Phone Post

walking can be good for cardio, if you are walking about 6 to 10 hours every day. kind of like going to an adventure in the woods. but then again, you need a hell of a lot of time. who has the time, besides hippies.

Kostakio -
WestCoastMXC - There's no excuse to be walking for cardio grow a pair and at least jog. Phone Post

lol @ jog

You need to be sparring MMA against opponents of various sizes and weights for prolonged periods of time for MMA-specific endurance. Fact. Phone Post

Il correct you pal its sparring UFC Phone Post

Kostakio -

lol @ jog

No shit my point is walking is wack for cardio considering what else you can do. Phone Post

toovie -
Kostakio -

lol @ jog

Il correct you pal its sparring UFC Phone Post

I'm humbled. Phone Post