wander braga=a$$hole?

my experience with this dude was him throwing shit around yelling at
referees for things such as his novice level student not getting a bye to
the semi finals or point scoring(novice level).

Does this guy have a serious anger problem or was it only this one
instance where he was a complete jerk off?

Have you been to a lot of BJJ tournaments? Thats common practice by a lot of coaches. Yelling, screaming etc. Wander is a very good guy from all the people I've talked too. Every single one of us have been assholes at one point or another in our life. The title on this thread might not be fair to Wander...maybe should have labeled it differently bro

i personally saw him throw a clipboard into a refs face, is that normal?

i dont think so, but he was just a straight up jerk off in my opinion.

the ref knew him and kept aplogizing to him, which was pretty fucked
up imo

has he done anything of merit? im not being sarcastic, i dont know
much about this dude other than his incredible temper

The way some of the brazilian coaches behave at tournaments is shamefull

Wander is a pretty good fighter. 10-0 in MMA. Fought in KOTC, Brazilian Vale Tudos in the mid and late 90's and WEC. He's a solid black belt with the gi as well. He was signed to fight in the UFC a few months ago but I think he got hurt. He posts here on this forum. It sounds like you're made up your mind about him. I'm just saying I've always heard pretty good things about him. I was simply trying to answer your question below. also, like posted below, "some" coaches act pretty bad at tournaments.

<<Does this guy have a serious anger problem or was it only this one instance where he was a complete jerk off?

he didnt get hurt... he's mad because he gave up the fight against me in the ufc because he was going to lose his first fight and now i guess he is taking it out on everyone. dont call him a jerk off just feel bad for him.....

"he didnt get hurt... hes mad because he gave up the fight against me in the ufc because he was going to loss his first fight and now i guess he is taken it out on everyone done call him a jerk off just feel bad for him..... hahaha"

Now in english, please.

"my experience with this dude was him throwing shit around yelling at referees for things such as his novice level student not getting a bye to the semi finals or point scoring(novice level)."

this is weird, i moved one of his guys over in a bracket so he could have a chance at more matches. he keep telling me it was wrong and wanted the bye.i threw the clip board dn and walked away.he came back and threw it dn at my table.He apologized and so did i.I would say he gets excited ,he never threaten me or raised his hands in my face .HEs a good guy ,he knows he was wrong just like i know i was.

One time at a tournament, the ref made an unfavorable call and Wanda picked up an infant and smashed it on the bleachers. They politely told him to knock that shit off.

1 Like

I will go to bat any day for Wander. I trained with him for a while when I was living in cali. He is a gentle and kind hearted fellow that cares about not only his students but others as well. Sure some one might randomly fly off, but that does not reflect on the mans total character. I feel as if he is a true teacher and ambasador for the sport due to his rare ability to bring the passion for martial arts, love of the game, excelent teaching, and blend it with being a honest and integrious personality that is not in it for the money.

Jon McMakin

People like to win.

At one of the earlier tourneys I went to I saw an absolute BJJ legend lobby a ref for a decision in a totally meaningless, less than 6 month expierence, whitebelt gi match.

This was a small local tourney with no team trophy or anything several years ago.

People just like to win and some are a bit more loud about it. I'm making no comment on it being right or wrong, just the way it is.

I've never seen him ever be anything other than super friendly.

Its too bad he didn't fight Kurt. That would've been a great fight.

Wander is a great guy. We all make mistakes and Wander is no expection. He is the type of person that will take the shirt off his back for you.

Wander is a great guy.

I'm a nice guy but have been known to act like a prick on occasion - you'll probably find the same with about 99% of people you meet in life.

ha ha having a thread like this made about you by sham fan is actually a great compliment

as well it should, wanders a great guy

Wander's a great teacher and a good friend. He's very passionate about his fighters and will do anything for them.

As far as Pelligrino's shit talking: Kurt is completly full of shit and he knows why.

10-0 in mma? you sure? i thought jeremy horn beat him with a guiollitine?

Let's face it.  A lot of brazilian coaches are men to admire and emulate for their skills, but not necessarily for their characters.