Was Gall better than expected, or was Punk worse..

than expected??

Sure, mickey looked like a killer against CM but he also walked through his two previous opponents before him. And all of them are just starting out in their careers so experience shouldn't have been a big difference maker.

So is gall just ahead of the curve for a 3-0 guy or was punk and the others just that much farther behind?? Phone Post 3.0

And I wonder what the UFC thought when they picked Gall?

Did they think the match would be competitive or did they sign him expecting him to crush punk and build him up to have a future in the UFC? Phone Post 3.0

I think Gall is above average if we're considering his record and experience.

Even with Gall having limited in cage experience, that fight was the equivalent of an NFL team playing a high school jv team. Phone Post 3.0

He's a legit brown belt is he not?

If he's been training since he was 16 and making his decisions in life to help him achieve his fighting goals since he was 16, as he's claimed, its not a crazy idea to think that he may be better than his record makes him out to be.  And that the UFC was fooled into thinking that Punk would have a competitive fight with him.

BusterBluth -

He's a legit brown belt is he not?

If he's been training since he was 16 and making his decisions in life to help him achieve his fighting goals since he was 16, as he's claimed, its not a crazy idea to think that he may be better than his record makes him out to be.  And that the UFC was fooled into thinking that Punk would have a competitive fight with him.

better then his record claims? he is undefeated with 3 first round stoppages, you have gotta start somewhere...i think his record shows he has the potential to be great and thats it.

Why did CM even try to strike with him? He could have gotten his $500,000 and just butt skooted into a RNC and saved his kisser the trauma.

Neither. Im pretty sure what happened was expected by most. Phone Post 3.0

BJJ belts above blue eat up people with no grappling background. Just watch any small show and you'll see that same fight 3-4 times.
We won't know what Mickey has until he fights a wrestler. Phone Post 3.0

I think both are possible, but punk was about what expected because he looked terrible in everything right up to the warmup in the dressing room.

With Gall bjj prowess I would say he is ahead of the curve compared to most 0-0 pro you will find out there. Phone Post 3.0

I am thinking that Gall was better than expected, but even so, it could have been a little of both.