Was Israel Adesanya ever really that good?

Not that I know of. It would have been interesting to see him fight against guys who could grapple. If there was a 155 version of Colby or usman. Khabibs striking was pretty bad but where he lacked in striking he made up for in grappling.

I don’t even like Izzy, that being said…OP is a moron.

1 Like

This exactly.

I hate that faggot but he can fight. He hit every rung on the way up.

I don’t think a fourth fight will show us anything that hasn’t been shown three times already.

I also think that Periera loses to the first grappler that can slip a punch or get a take down.

Jeez if you judged fighters by their losses nobody was ever good…fighters have ups and downs just like yourself OP.

1 Like

Izzy wasn’t that good, he was and is great. He’s never once tried to be protected and sometimes that comes with losses, but taking fights with guys like Romero and Jan just because is baller. Imagine if Jon Jones or TWood had someone like Perreira coming up, they’d have made him win 10 more after Strickland.

2 Likes

Hes not the most entertaining/compelling fighter to watch but Bobby x2, Costa, Vettori x2, Kelvin, Yoel, Cannonier, Brunson is a pretty fucking good resume. He should be appreciated for his willingness to fight fairly regularly and take on all comers too, because its not a given in MMA these days.

2 Likes

OP has 100 screen names

2 Likes

Agreed Shoey. And I’m no fan of Izzy’s. Fantastic fighter who took on all comers. I do think Perriera is just a bad stylistic matchup for him. WMMA is a goof for even posting this nonsense. But we know this.

This thread gets made about everybody

no same guy with 100 names

2 Likes

There are things that put a sour taste in your mouth. Like Ben Askren’s losses overshadow his accomplishments in ONE and Bellator. The Pereira loss doesn’t stain his legacy for you?

1 Like

Wouldn’t you say there is more behind those wins than the W-L sheet says? He didn’t engage offense against guys like Yoel and Jared one single time. He has the most boring style of all time

Yes op

One of the most overrated fighters in UFC History, I was saying it years ago. Jan is in contention as the least skilled UFC LHW Champ of all time, and he soundly beat Izzy.

His best with is Costa who is a flat footed rock em sock em robot

1 Like

That said, he fights, which is something in this era of MMA. So kudos to him. It isn’t his fault MW is such a shit division either

2 Likes

Izzy wins by TKO or KO in the rematch. Bank on it.

sally kohn troll GIF by The Opposite of Hate

whats ur other screen name

im sure u would beat Perrera./NO shame in losing agianst one of the best in world.What have u done

I’m not a fighter, just someone who casually spends way more time analyzing MMA than I probably should

1 Like