Was Paul Craig’s Triangle The Result Of Cheating?

He grabbed the cage a few times to maintain that triangle position. The ref even warned him but left it in the position. Was that cheating?  

Also, what’re the rules on that?  Can the ref take away the submission position for something like that?

Ref warned him and he let go.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

4 Likes

Shit you get the first one free. Might as well take it!

![](upload://7PpmffdurAkJkf6yISwgWhpuet.jpeg)

YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD -

Ref warned him and he let go.

To my recollection he let go and then a second later he grabbed it again. 

I'd have to watch it again and I don't care enough but Eddie Guerrero and his cameltoe are correct.

So as I saw it, Paul Craig did not break the rules even though the ref warnned him.

The rules state the following:

When a fighter’s fingers or toes go through the cage and grab hold of the fence and start to control either their body position or their opponent’s body position it now becomes an illegal action.

I did not see Paul Craig grab hold of the fence and start to control either his body position or his opponent’s body position. I saw some of his toes slide into the cage, which happens when you play high guard against the cage, but he was not gripping and using it. He was for sure pushing off the cage, but pushing off the cage is perfectly legal, a figher can not grip the cage. Its a fine line but from what I saw it was legal and the ref just saw it differently to me.

I am a big guard player and my toes just slide in the cage when I have my head against the fence.

1 Like

The toes in the cage held the position. So, yes.