Was Ralph coaching Royler or Eddie?

I think Ralph was helping to coach Royler, but with like about 6:40 left Jean Jacques hugs Ralph. Knowing JJ though that would not be out of the ordinary. Especially since they grew up together. Such an incestuous mess. Lol. Royler is obviously not happy with Jean Jacques, but where is the rest of the family on this. I know recently Kron had been coached by Jean Jacques. Wonder where Rickson's feelings now lie with JJM after he prepared Eddie for this fight. Let's not forget Rickson gave JJM his red/black.
It looked to me that every Gracie under the sun was mat side coaching Royler. Even Clark and his Father and Rorion had that huge legal battle over the name. Does this push JJM even furer out of the fold or does he gain more respect?
In my mind, JJM in every way exhibits the true Gracie Way. He has an open mind, an open heart and the sickest Jiu Jitsu.

well you have to expect JJM to be prepping and coaching Eddie. That's his BB.

and even though JJM might've had a falling out with Carlinhos a long time ago, I'm sure he's very close to some of the guys under Carlinhos.

Dude it's a grappling match. JJM still calls rickson his teacher, you think Rickson is going to cut ties with JJM because he trained Eddie? He trained him since way back when and beating Royler in 2001 under JJM guidance didn't prevent Rickson from teaching JJM later on so its stuoid to think it would now. You should get BJJ on TMZ bro. It was a great match by both guys and eddie looked great and it's worth getting excited over. But to think the hierarchy of the gracie family will get ruffled because of this match is silly. You're excited we get it we all are.

He was coaching Royler.

I think you're thinking too much into this one. I'm sure every gracie was rooting for Royler, but doubt they would give JJM any beef over coaching his own black belt in a grappling match. Phone Post

JJ will do as he pleases and is a loyal ass mofo to his students. There is zero beef here. JJ is just that good of a coach and doesn't get as much credit as he should (heck he trains Kron alot too for a reason).

Tap247 - I think Ralph was helping to coach Eddie, but with like about 6:40 left Jean Jacques hugs Ralph. Knowing JJ though that would not be out of the ordinary. Especially since they grew up together. Such an incestuous mess. Lol. Royler is obviously not happy with Jean Jacques, but where is the rest of the family on this. I know recently Kron had been coached by Jean Jacques. Wonder where Rickson's feelings now lie with JJM after he prepared Eddie for this fight. Let's not forget Rickson gave JJM his red/black.

It looked to me that every Gracie under the sun was mat side coaching Royler. Even Clark and his Father and Rorion had that huge legal battle over the name. Does this push JJM even furer out of the fold or does he gain more respect?

In my mind, JJM in every way exhibits the true Gracie Way. He has an open mind, an open heart and the sickest Jiu Jitsu.
JJ is always gonna be super loyal to his students and give as much as he can to help them succeed. He even took Kron to Eddies 10th planet academy to help him give some insight on Shinya Aoki game when they were training for that Metamoris matchup.

Rickson still talks to JJ regularly even after Eddie was training with JJ for this rematch with Royler. This isn't a fight to the death but a friendly matchup against two great practitioners.

Ralph and JJ are cool and go way back to the early Gracie Barra days. They have a friendship and the match was two friends coaching against each other. All love. Phone Post 3.0

JJ is one of my heroes, not only is his game sick but agree with the comment about Him repping the real way. Guy is a warrior and a good person Phone Post 3.0

For me, that was one of the coolest moments of the match.  With emotions high and tense Ralph and Jean Jaques still were so cool in acknowledging each other at the heat of the moment.  And it was all love and sportsmanship.

The Gracie family coaches against each other for students or family for sport JJ or no-gi and it's ok. They would not do it for Vale Tudo.