Was this worst late stoppage ever in ufc?

King Mo against Larkin comes to mind as a bad one

https://imgur.com/SvRg1CO

Girly -
knockoutfighter -
Girly -
knockoutfighter -

I love violent finishes.  This is why I watch cage fighting. 

Munoz was out of maybe the second shot of 15

And your point?

Thaaaaaat seeing an unconscious human being face down unable to defend himself getting punched in the head a dozen times by a trained fighter isn’t entertainment or sport anymore 

So what, go watch tennis.

2 Likes
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Girly -
knockoutfighter -
Girly -
knockoutfighter -

And your point?

Thaaaaaat seeing an unconscious human being face down unable to defend himself getting punched in the head a dozen times by a trained fighter isn’t entertainment or sport anymore 

So what, go watch tennis.

Please don’t breed 

1 Like
Girly -
knockoutfighter -
Girly -
knockoutfighter -

And your point?

I’m not arguing it was a late stoppage.  But referees are human.  It’s going to happen.  Iirc Rosenthal didn’t catch the elbow that put him down.  Thankfully Mark Munoz was okay and it was a learning lesson for other refs.  

Girly -

I had never seen this one or I don’t remember it but came up on my Facebook vid feed tonight.  Jesus Christ was he waiting for a soul to actually float out of his body?

https://youtu.be/q972bp42DRY

The post fight presser was awesome because king mo said Kim Winslow should have to be locked in a cage with cyborg and have a shitty ref that lets the fight go too far 

It’s definitely Rosenthal’s worst moment as a ref. He was one of the very best.

Interestingly, Munoz was also the beneficiary of one of the BEST stoppages ever–when Lyoto Machida realized he was out and stopped himself from landing a follow up.

1 Like

Was it Randys ex wife that got choked out like 15 seconds before they bothered to stop it?

I think Kim Winslow was reffing when Cyborg brutally knocked Jan Finney out. I like fighters who go full Wandy. Their job is to kill the other guy. The ref’s job is to stop things before somebody dies.

The best ones are the ones where they go stiff as a board 

InTheClosetCucumberBoy - 

Was it Randys ex wife that got choked out like 15 seconds before they bothered to stop it?

Yeah, that and the Warren one are probably the two worst.

Girly -

I had never seen this one or I don’t remember it but came up on my Facebook vid feed tonight.  Jesus Christ was he waiting for a soul to actually float out of his body?

https://youtu.be/q972bp42DRY

Was at this event live.  It was in San Jose, CA and a big hometown crowd for Munoz.  That was a vicious beating 

Shevchenko hammering that Brazilian girl a couple years ago sickened me. Maybe I’m sexist but that went on rounds too long.

And Glover/Smith was real bad too. Coulda been stopped 2 rounds earlier.

Imo there should be a slaughter rule.

Some way for the fight to be stopped when it’s clear a fighter has zero Chance to win now. Even when they are intelligently defending themselves… if they are just defending themselves like Smith was… going to guard then going to fetal back n forth why let it go on when the fighter is too hurt to have offense, but that’s just me

Bill Mahoney - Shevchenko hammering that Brazilian girl a couple years ago sickened me. Maybe I'm sexist but that went on rounds too long.

And Glover/Smith was real bad too. Coulda been stopped 2 rounds earlier.

Imo there should be a slaughter rule.

Some way for the fight to be stopped when it’s clear a fighter has zero Chance to win now. Even when they are intelligently defending themselves… if they are just defending themselves like Smith was… going to guard then going to fetal back n forth why let it go on when the fighter is too hurt to have offense, but that’s just me

That could be a very simple fix. The commissions could require judges to alert an official if they have scored two 10-8 rounds in a row. If that happens, the ref could be given discretion to stop the fight.

Winslow vs Cyborg/Carano was difficult to watch.

SHOGUN250 -

Every time I see this thread a certain Bellator stoppage comes to mind for me.

U literally posted a gif of my exact thoughts...

Sprawl'n'Stall -
Balls Mahoney - 
Girly -

Think was munoz is he was flat on stomach.  That was over a dozen late punches.  To be honest , rules or not, I have no idea how you could keep hitting him if you were Chris.  Smashing a lifeless body. 

I feel the same way which is probably why you and I aren’t pro mma fighters, this profession definitely takes a certain mindset. I always respected Gegard when he used to back off after realizing he won, I’m not a fan of the “kill them till the ref pulls you off” type fighters. Rampage landing three-four shots on a brutally knocked out wandy was always hard for me to sit through. 

Rampage, Hendo vs Bisping… it was all wrong. But they had legit beef. Certainly understandable. But I don’t get it when some fighters do that regardless.

Rampage apologized to wandy said sorry got to amped