Was this your TMA sensei?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h_vvI26NnwE&mode=related&search=

Blue namer?

Oldie but a goodie:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_vvI26NnwE&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>

Its actually funny looking back on things now.

My very first teacher was a TKD 8th degree Korean from Korea. My dad retired, we moved out of state and I picked back up the martial arts at about 15 with Bjj.

Funny thing is looking back at it now my TKD teacher was actually a really really legit dude.

I sat down and had a conversation with him about Bjj and stuff once in my late teens and he told me something kind of funny.

He was actually a 6th dan in Judo and had won the silver metal in the Korean games for Judo like 3 years running in his early days, as well as having fought in 100's of Judo tournaments internationally (shows me all kinds of pictures and metals he had won).

He said most of the Koreans that moved to the US to teach TKD were most all really great grapplers, but taught TKD instead cause it was an easy way make money exploiting the USA's obsession with Karate during the 70's and 80's lol.

I actually had the chance to roll with him a few times....guy was a monster both standing (obviously with his level of Judo) and on the ground.

"He said most of the Koreans that moved to the US to teach TKD were most all really great grapplers, but taught TKD instead cause it was an easy way make money exploiting the USA's obsession with Karate during the 70's and 80's lol."

Biznass is Biznass, eh?

That was then, this is now.

ttt for jim carrey, "one ell of a model american."

koreans have good judo, my TKD instructor from when i was like 6 was actually more legit than some (although he is a greedy basted now) when i trained there it was a hole in the wall, no a.c, crappy equipment place. kinda like my bjj place now lol. i dont think my TKD training was completely useless, i kicked a few people in fights when i was younger. it worked lol

Einux, in keeping with your story, I've heard that one of the Koreans who won a gold medal in the 1988 Olympics in JUDO is currently teaching TKD in the USA...

real shame for USA judo if true.

But business is business.

LOL @ "like many beginning students, you attacked me WRONG!!"

Kenpo knife defenses imo

lol