Watch Lex Fridman and the facebook guy roll no-gi

Finally Lex gets to roll around with a robot.

3 Likes

I think John DuPont was a better wrestler than Zuck is a BJJ practitioner

2 Likes

Uncanny Valley Top Team

2 Likes

He’s a novice hobbyist no-gi grappler, but there’s nothing wrong with that. Everyone is a novice when they start.

It’s awesome to see anyone start their jiu-jitsu journey.

3 Likes

I’m actually impressed.
He’s flowing smoothly and is going from technique to technique.
I’ve seen worse blue belts

Well, when you have a BJJ dojo at your house with Dave Camarillo there to teach you at your will, you’re probably gonna learn a thing or two.

Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same…

This is actually how it was with wealthy families in ancient China. They would have a live-in martial arts sifu in their home to train the family. They also had live-in tutors for other things like music, calligraphy. It was a status symbol. [Same thing with nobility in Europe ].

Some of the Northern Styles of Kung Fu in particular came out of this kind of arrangement. That’s part of the reason they’re not particularly useful in fighting and tend towards the esoteric, with a host of literary /classical allusions in the forms; they were created by “scholar-warrior” types, not really soldiers. Plus, just a guess, but there may have been a strong incentive to stretch out the training by adding more forms & weapons to the education, so that you had some job security.

4 Likes

I knew lex was going to be a butt scooter

Lex is a judo black belt.

Also, the Zuck said on the Lex Fridman podcast that his favourite sub is the rnc. I think he said something about it being so because he enjoys MMA so much and that is the safest place to be in a fight.

He said when he entered the event he recently competed in he used his first and middle names so no one knew he was going to be there.

Didn’t forums poster 12 have a son that was a full time jiu jitsu trainer to a rich guy? Travels around with him or something? (What happened to 12 anyway?)

Yes, he has a judo black belt, a bjj black belt from Balance Studios and I believe did he did a handful of amateur boxing fights.

He started training judo at Drexel University under Professor Sam Kurokawa.

sure, but there’s “celebrity style” where you don’t want to get crossed faced with gi burns or do any hard rolling because you might get injured… Regardless of the resources at his disposal, he looks like he’s talking it seriously.

I get going light but Lex is going way too light. Wtf man, represent your black belt a little.

Ive wondered the same!

No, I agree. He’s into it.

2 Likes

not sure about training a rich guy, but it’s definitely possible, he’s been teaching jiu jitsu all over. Still friends with 12 on FB and he’s doing good it seems. He probably only lurks here occasionally these days like me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Probably some really good BJJ BB applauding this on this thread. I am pretty good as well - take away their names it’s just two low level White belts training. Good for them and no hate but no applause from me. Old school - took a long road to get respect on that mat so I don’t give praise until earned.I Respect everybody that trains - compliments when earned. These two get no compliments yet.

1 Like

Lex is a BJJ black belt and Judo black belt. He was a decent local competitor. His blackbelt is from Balance Studios (Migliarese Bros). He is taking it extremely easy on Mark.

Then the video is for show -

They are TRAINING. Mutual welfare and benefit. Zuck is a white belt. Lex is a black belt under a legit school and system. There’s no need for Lex to go hard and put the stamp on Zuck. They are exchanging technique.

2 Likes