Watched UFC at movie theater, only 3 other people

My friend told me that one of the local Carmike theaters was having UFC 180, and I figured it would be a different way to watch vs going to a restaurant, plus there was no way I was BUYING that abomination of a card, no matter how much I wanted to see Hunt fight.

We figured it might be packed wall to wall with affliction douches, but when we got to the ticket booth and asked for tickets for UFC 180, the girl replied with "....let me check and make sure we are still doing that". We looked at each other in confusion, but she came back up to the window and said "okay, we ARE still doing that". Odd.

We get inside the theater, and were the ONLY people in there. 3 other random people showed up after about 10 minutes, and another friend who was bored and doesnt follow mma at all met us there as well. We had 6 people (including me and two friend's) in the entire room until after the main card, some black girl came in to meet a guy or something, and watched the prelims they showed after the main event.

She kept yelling all kinds of stupid shit in her ghetto voice about Leslie Smith's ear, yamasaki being "GAAAAY" for getting involved on a low blow in another fight, etc etc.

I dont think they will be doing another card. Are these usually sold out when they do them in other areas? This is the first time they have done it at any movie theater locally that I know of, and it was a major bust.

Was disappointed with screen quality, seemed choppy despite being in the area's newest/biggest theater. The lack of affliction d bags was nice though.

I saw one in a theater in Vancouver around five or six years ago just for a change when UFC was peaking and a fairly large auditorium was nearly full.

Last one that the theater around here did was GSP vs Hendricks, and I want to say the theater was about 1/3 full? They were fairly quiet til the judges announced the decision. I had a silly conversation with the girl working at the ticket counter about how well-attended those showings are (she was like, oh we get a bunch of people but it's never packed). I thought it was cool, since I'm a nerd and mostly like to watch fights quietly by myself anyway, and it saved me some money.

I went for gsp vs hardy and shockingly, everyone stayed quiet. Was very nice being able to hear

man meets fate - I went for gsp vs hardy and shockingly, everyone stayed quiet. Was very nice being able to hear

It was so empty we didnt have to stay quiet, but none of us really made any noise or yelled until Ellenburger went down, and a couple times in the Hunt fight. Of course I have never heard 7 people cringe as loudly as when they showed Smith's ear(s).

Can you even imagine what they probably had to pay to show it?

What was the price? And where are you? Phone Post 3.0

I only went my one time and i paid $25 in Houston tx. Who knows price now cause when i did it, it was first time ufc did it

Pic of another theater showing UFC 180 with only 5 people in it:

http://i.imgur.com/7ZBlVAg.jpg

Sad Phone Post 3.0

Ted Waltner - What was the price? And where are you? Phone Post 3.0

$15 and NW Florida.

Gino_Corona - Pic of another theater showing UFC 180 with only 5 people in it:

Sad Phone Post 3.0

Gosh damn! lol

NewOldTRT09er - Clownshoes DFW: "UFC is peaking motherfucker. Bigger than the NFL and soccer combined. Fuck!" Phone Post 3.0

The last several PPV at restaurant we usually go to for the fights have been ghost towns.

Yet a friend text me while I was watching UFC at the movies and said "Tito Ortiz is fighting Stephan Bonnar tonight?"

Keep in mind that this friend was a casual fan back in the 06-07 range? Drunkenly arm wrestled Matt Hughes one night, and will tell you the fighters names he remembers are "Liddel, Couture, Forest, Tito, Hughes" and that's about it.

Same thing at my local theater. Me and my girl showed up early thinking it would be packed but we were the only ones in there til the second fight of the main card. By the the time the title fight rolled around there was only five other people there Phone Post 3.0

I recently discovered they play them at my local theater. I don't really care enough about the UFC to watch the fights anymore though, I just read results on here. It's kinda sad, I've been a long time fan and it's just fizzled for me. Not to be a downer but I mean gotta call it like it is. Hopefully they do something about the watered down cards soon Phone Post 3.0

The Ghost of REED ROTHCHILD - 
Gino_Corona - Pic of another theater showing UFC 180 with only 5 people in it:

Sad Phone Post 3.0
Fuck that is sad... Phone Post 3.0

Had a friend who went tell me the same thing happened to him.

Not a good sign for the UFC... Phone Post 3.0