Watching Sims vs Mir lol

Hockys Charles Barkley Sign - 

What the fuck is up with that stomping shit? Sims was afraid of that arm bar so he stomps Mir against the cage. What was the fallout of that? What a bitch move by Sims. Then throwing a fit once he is dq'd. 

Sims wins both fights against Mir in PRIDE.

Lol @ the first two replies, and how much I agree with them.

Lol, not much love for Mir here...

Pride Rules Sims > Mir. Also Mir couldn’t finish that arm triangle and got flipped off for his efforts in the second fight. 

My all time favorite fight

Such a classic.  Prettu sure I have the gloves/trunks Wes worth from that fight

MMA Playwright -

I was there too. Thomas and Mack center. Ridiculous Tapout Chuck Liddell ringwalk video. Lindland ko’d himself. Vitor vs. Beastman. Good times.  

This was my first exposure to MMA. I was like WTF, how is this a thing? I didn't watch another event until a friend convinced me to go to a WEC almost a year later. 

Turns out I didn't hate it...

IGotPipedByStipe - 

Lol, not much love for Mir here...

Nah Mir’s cool he was just sort of a douchebag as a younger guy back before his accident.

Frank Mir is the devil

Steve4192 - Sims trained with Team Hammerhouse, all of whom were in Pride at the time. Those guys came from an environment where stomps and soccer kicks were legal, and before there were rules against it they were infamous for using headbutts and chin to the eye and a bunch of other 'dirty' techniques. You fight like you train, and Sims trained in an environment where it was more 'anything goes' than the UFC brand of MMA. He saw an opening and didn't have the presence of mind to stop himself.

If memory serves me right he held on to the fence to generate more force. It was just seeing red. He was fighting emotional and saw an opening.

moogin83 - 
Steve4192 - Sims trained with Team Hammerhouse, all of whom were in Pride at the time. Those guys came from an environment where stomps and soccer kicks were legal, and before there were rules against it they were infamous for using headbutts and chin to the eye and a bunch of other 'dirty' techniques. You fight like you train, and Sims trained in an environment where it was more 'anything goes' than the UFC brand of MMA. He saw an opening and didn't have the presence of mind to stop himself.

If memory serves me right he held on to the fence to generate more force. It was just seeing red. He was fighting emotional and saw an opening.

And Wanderlei held onto the ropes in PRIDE why stomping the fuck out of motherfuckers.

moogin83 -

Sims ain’t some bitch point fighter. He’s a warrior. When it’s go time, he’s not looking to “win” by some judge’s opinion. He’s gonna take matters into his own hands. And feet.   

I like Wes, but that shit was ridiculous. 

Fabes -

You’re not looking at it in proper context. Sure, here in 2018 we all know the rules. It wasn’t that way back then. This kind of thing happened all the time.  

MMA Playwright - 
Fabes -

You’re not looking at it in proper context. Sure, here in 2018 we all know the rules. It wasn’t that way back then. This kind of thing happened all the time.  

NO it was ridiculous then, fuck the spin. SIMS WAS AN ASS!

I was there too.  I shared a cab with some of Marvin Eastman's friends. 

Dogman - 
MMA Playwright - 
Fabes -

NO it was ridiculous then, fuck the spin. SIMS WAS AN ASS!

Mir could break Nog’s arm but couldn’t tap Wes. That is awesome.

IN in case Wes responds.  Wes Sims became a legend this night.  

BenUkersWife - 
MMA Playwright -
Fabes -

That is 100% untrue. 

Yep.

The rules went in from UFC 12 in 1997 through UFC 21 in 1999. By the time Sims face Mir at UFC 43 in 2003, the rules had been in place for four years. ‘This kind of thing’ did not happen all the time by 2003, which is why that fight is still infamous.

I remember the outrage on here and sherdog about it, people getting the ban hammer for shitting on Wes.