Ways to tie a belt.

What are your favorite ways to tie your Gi belt? I just started BJJ and I used the standard knot for my first class and it always comes undone. I went to YouTube and watched a video of Rener tying his belt in three ways. One of them was called "the super lock". It was a nice looking knot and probably doesn't come undone easily based on its name IMO.

How do you guys tie your Gi belts? Phone Post

teh ol loop-de-loop as shown on teh right:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/393731_2818754796300_1481793907_32955621_765447184_n.jpg

Thats a fake blackbelt btw trainin in hawaii

hahahah wtf!?

Is that a bottle of lube on the ground on the right?

YouTube Relson ty belt Phone Post

I find mine as a disadvantage. I don't tie it loose, but I don't think I'll ever tie it like the vid. Just seem like a good leverage point for who ever I roll with. Phone Post

i only tie my belt that way in the gym

in comp, as loose as possible

mikecimm -

That's the super lock variation that Rener uses in his video. Thanks though. It's my favorite way to tie my belt right now. Phone Post

mikecimm - i only tie my belt that way in the gym

in comp, as loose as possible

How come? Phone Post

the_white_belt - I find mine as a disadvantage. I don't tie it loose, but I don't think I'll ever tie it like the vid. Just seem like a good leverage point for who ever I roll with. Phone Post

How do you tie yours? Phone Post

Mudderfaeg -
the_white_belt - I find mine as a disadvantage. I don't tie it loose, but I don't think I'll ever tie it like the vid. Just seem like a good leverage point for who ever I roll with. Phone Post

How do you tie yours? Phone Post

Just the standard double knot, the the first going under the belt. Phone Post

Sub Phone Post

I use different ties for different situations... a regular rolling tie, a competition tie, a street tie.

There's also a special way to tie your belt for death matches.

I don't show that.

Rener gracie Video is the best one :D Phone Post

I've done the Hollywood version since I was 13. That was the first way I was taught and I have done it ever since Phone Post

Jimenez - Rener gracie Video is the best one :D Phone Post

True. I don't think I got the super lock down though. It doesn't feel flat. Phone Post

Mudderfaeg -
Jimenez - Rener gracie Video is the best one :D Phone Post

True. I don't think I got the super lock down though. It doesn't feel flat. Phone Post

Same for me -___- i just do hollywood . Tomorrow night im gonna do superlock Phone Post

ttt I suck at tying my belt haha. It always comes undone.