Wear a cup when No Gi-ing?

I got the chance to test out the new cup tonight and I like it. I didn't really notice that I was wearing it when doing clinch work while standing or while grappling on the mat. However, I didn't get the chance to practice with anybody significantly bigger than me who might apply a lot of crushing pressure to the cup and I didn't get a chance to evaluate how effective it is in regards to striking. (I have no desire to evaluate being intentionally struck in the groin, I'll wait for the accidental kick :) All in all, I like it a lot more than the traditional cup.
Oh, one caveat. If you're not sure whether you'd like to buy the combo (cup and compression shorts) you might just want to buy the cup separately because, at least at the Sports Authority I purchased it from, it is a non-returnable item. (Can't really blame them though for not wanting to try to sell an "open box" potentially used cup and supporter :)

protect your junk dude, just wear the freaken cup

At least wear a JockStrap. Was rolling with some guy a few weeks back and as I pased his guard I was looking right at his junk hanging from the leg of his baggies.

I tell all my students that it is their responsibility to wear protection
where ever needed. Most of them wear it but a few have had to learn
the hard way...