Weekend Predictions 5/13-5/17/04

Here are a list of the major fights coming up this weekend. A lot of action on Saturday in Vegas on the DKP undercard. Hoye-Hall and Wells-Perez are not scheduled to be televised on the PPV.

Javier Jauregui 47-10-2 vs Julio Diaz 29-2 (IBF 135)-Diaz is coming off his win over Courtney Burton. Jauregui defending his belt for the first time since beating Levander Johnson.

Peter Manfredo, Jr. 20-0 vs Anthony Bonsante 24-3-3 (154)-crossroads fight. Manfredo steps up against Bonsante, who looked good vs an aging Tony Ayala Sr.

Roy Jones 49-1 vs. Antonio Tarver 21-2 (WBC 175)

Victor Burgos 36-13-3 vs. Fahlan Sakkreerin 54-3-2 (IBF 108)

Zab Judah 30-2 vs Rafael Pineda 38-5 (147)-Zab returns to the ring just 5 weeks after the Spinks fight against 38 yr old ex IBF lightweight champ.

Gerald Nobles vs Bruce Seldon (Hvy)-
prospect Nobles against comebacking Seldon

Rico Hoye 16-0 vs. Richard Hall 27-4 (175)
prospect Hoye steps up in class in title eliminator.

Calvin Brock 20-0 vs. Terry Smith 20-0-1 (Hvy)-
Battle of the prospects on NBC

Samuel Peter 18-0 vs Charles Shufford 20-5 (Hvy)-
Peter against Shufford on Monday night. If you have $19.95 burning a hole in your pocket, it will be on PPV.

rogie's picks: Jauregui, Bonsante(unless he gets screwed on the cards), Jones, Burgos, Judah, Nobles, Hoye, Brock, Peter.

I'll take Diaz, RJJ, and Judah. I don't care about the others

TTT

ttt

Thx Rogie.

I got the streaking Jauregui (I picked Diaz over Burton but am still not a huge fan of him)

I'll take Manfredo (he's a little limited and should eventually hit a wall but i don't think it'll be yet)

RJJ

Burgos (one tough SOB)

Judah (easily)

Nobles (Seldon is DONE)

Hall (2 much 2 soon for Hoye)

Peter (in a wipeout)

jones

judah even tho i never seen pineda fight

hall

peter

Jauregui

Manfredo

Jones

Burgos

Judah

Nobles

Hall

Brock

Peter

Diaz,Manfredo,Jones,Burgos,Judah,Nobles,Hall,Brock,Peter.

BPD Lime Belt

Peter Manfredo, Jr.- the new pride of RI

A great performance by Kidd Diaz. He showed that his beard is not as bad as I thought, and he was a step ahead of Jauregui all night and landed some beautiful left hooks to the chin of Chatitio. A judge from Mexico had it 114-114 which is a joke, because it looked like Julio won 9 or 10 rounds.

Diaz was hyped as the next big thing at one time. He showed that he is legitimately world class last night, and that the first round loss to Valenzuela was a fluke.

For the rest,
Manfredo Early ko
Brock ko by middle rnds
Judah late stoppage
RJJ TKO within 7

Julio Diaz
Peter Manfredo, Jr.

Roy Jones

Victor Burgos

Zab Judah

Richard Hall

Calvin Brock